Skip to main content
Topic: Who's up for a ridiculously bad idea trip to Wigan in August? (Read 857 times) previous topic - next topic

Who's up for a ridiculously bad idea trip to Wigan in August?

Wifey fcuked up our travel schedule by insisting on booking hotels before the fixture list came out and Forest are not at home whilst we are beavering around the U.K.   In a fit of pique (as in she felt guilty when the list actually did reveal her heresy) she looked at us legging it to Wigan from london on the train.   It only takes two hours but unfortunately we have luggage in tow so where does that leave us?   I don't fancy the idea of spending the night in a Wigan hotel (anything near Liverpool makes me cringe), and would like to head back to the Nottingham/Kegworth area after the game or possibly Manchester to scare the sh!t out of #angryordissapointed.

What do you peeps suggest?  Train much quicker but what to do with luggage as Train stations don't store anything anymore due to something called terrorism.  Car?  Driving from London to Wigan sounds like a bit of a slog. 

Train and then pick up a car?   Taking a train from London to the midlands on match day and picking up a rental at East Midlands airport?   Get Tricky to pick us up?  Ha!  

Teleportation?  

First world problems obvz!

Who will be going to the game?  Shady?  Tricky? (if we press gang him), Psychobel?  

This is of course very important and demands a thread all to it's self.  Drinks are on the missus.... (cough)..

Chicago: Waiting for a PM.  
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Re: Who's up for a ridiculously bad idea trip to Wigan in August?

Reply #1
Lift may be possible. I may go to the game as well. Need a think and am currently otherwise engaged.

Reply #3
Not sure if I'm going ...  Will have a gander at the calendar. Think we might be in Cornwall.

Reply #4
You could book a spot on the Forest supporters bus for the game... But then only use it for the Wigan to Nottm leg ?

Reply #5
I guess you could even come to my flat and leave luggage there ?

Reply #6
Would love to, but in France. Hoping to go to Caen v Mario Ballotelli's Nice instead.

Reply #7
So...  our final destination after our daft excursion to Wigan is back in Kegworth for a few days.  This means we will have to do something about our luggage as we are traveling north from London.  So train is very convenient to get oooop north but it’s highly unlikely carrying two large backs will gain us access to the football ground.  We could take the train up to Nottingham area and then meet whoever is driving (unless they are taking the train too) and somehow store the luggage at mum’s house or someone who isn’t Ingo’s place.

What to do, what to do.

I would say it’s highly unlikely the game will be sold out that is why we haven’t considered looking at tickets yet.

When you lot have finished your Brexit bunkers let me know if any of you have any solutions or plan on going to the match.

Chicago:  Thinking ahead.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #8
I can at least pick your bags up from you, if you want.

Reply #9
And I'm going to be doing f*ck all in Lanzarote.

Reply #10
So...  our final destination after our daft excursion to Wigan is back in Kegworth for a few days.  This means we will have to do something about our luggage as we are traveling north from London.  So train is very convenient to get oooop north but it’s highly unlikely carrying two large backs will gain us access to the football ground.  We could take the train up to Nottingham area and then meet whoever is driving (unless they are taking the train too) and somehow store the luggage at mum’s house or someone who isn’t Ingo’s place.

What to do, what to do.

I would say it’s highly unlikely the game will be sold out that is why we haven’t considered looking at tickets yet.

When you lot have finished your Brexit bunkers let me know if any of you have any solutions or plan on going to the match.

Chicago:  Thinking ahead.

If it helps you can leave them with me in London.

Reply #12
"Sir, have you left your luggage unattended at any time?"

"Um........."
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #13
If it helps you can leave them with me in London.

Well that would be dandy but we are not coming back to London for 2 weeks so that wouldn't work.  We are going to Wigan, then spending a few days in the midlands before heading to Cornwall and the Scilly isles. 

So again we have a baggage issue (don't we all..) and it looks like we might have to hire a car and come up to the midlands first or go straight to Wig Wam and hope we don't get robbed (as in the car broken into to).

Tricky has mentioned that he is musing on going.  Simon is in Manchester and will probably go to the game (assuming manc City aren't playing...) so there are options depending on what they are doing.

If worse comes to worst we will get a car and leg it to kegworth, possibly pick up some peeps and keep going.  Or take the Train up to the midlands and get a car hire there.  Unless there is safe storage in Wigan and then we can take the train.  Easy "innit!

Chicago: Dizzy. 

Reply #14

Looks like we are getting a motor as no fcuker has come up with anything better.  The luggage issue seems to have forced our hand.

Seems we can get a nice Mercedes for $700 for two weeks in England.  At those Brexit prices I think it is about 12 quid which will please Ingo.   After Brexit we will be like Argentina with Inflation straight through the roof.  Squillions.  Not sure we will even have fuel.  Does the North sea even work anymore?

The good news is that we will probably be in for the Wig Wam game.  Who's going?   And  if you have a Netflix subscription in the States does it work in the U.K.  Or do the territories bugger everything up?

Asking for a fiend obviously....  (not a spelling mistake...)

Chicago: Auditioning for Question time.