Skip to main content
Topic: The World Cup Thread (Read 13039 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The World Cup Thread

Reply #750
Sterling to play was a good choice. His movement has rattled their back line.

Reply #751
Feck.

Reply #752
Jesus, nearly behind. I hope the missed chances are going to cost England.

Reply #753
Jesus, nearly behind. I hope the missed chances are going to cost England.

Reply #754
England look f*cked, God help extra time.

Reply #755
Do England play Russia for third place?

Reply #756
I think we would play Belgium.

Reply #757
Given we don't look any threat in open play again how many set pieces can we force in the last few minutes?

Reply #759
They did better than most thought, came up against a better and fitter team. Yes we lacked in front of goal, especially by Kane but I'm not looking for scapegoats they reached a semi final.

Reply #760
We had our chance, but couldn't take it.  I know think most people will think me mad, given he's scored six goals (analyse them though - no running involved), but I would say Kane's deadlegs in open play and inability to last the course of the game ultimately did cost us (if you ignore lack of quality creativity and final ball, but you can't miss what you don't have). I would have put Rashford for Kane, not Sterling....but....penalties.... Also every time we take Jordan Henderson off, we look worse.  This is not a coincidence. I was telling the lads I would have done Rose for Young after the half hour..certainly at half time.  He just didn't have it today.

Reply #761
Oh the horror!

It went down to nerves.  Croatia kept probing.  We did not.

Should have been up 3-0 at half time.  After that a bag of grapefruits. 

I think Sterling should have stayed on.  Hit them on the break.  By the way their equalizer was a high boot.

Just saying....

Croatia deserved to win because they believed and we didn’t. 

In other news France must be pissing themselves....

Chicago:  Disappointed.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #762
Yeah, I think he got the major substitutions pretty wrong. I mean Vardy. Welbeck's scoring record is much better. Agree with Tricky should have been Rashford for Kane who's been pretty poor all tournament. Taking off Sterling and Henderson were big mistakes.

Reply #763
The spurs players will be used to this, footballs bridesmaids never the bride.

Reply #764
I have to assume Sterling had been told to go full throttle and was tired. We missed him but maybe he had nothing left. It was a fair gamble to make, if so.

Kane was off the pace and didn’t take his chance. But I’d say he had to be out there. Young was poor,  but he’s the last England player I don’t like so I’m biased. He’s one I’d like to see retire or be moved down the pecking order. The next Euros will be tough now because: expectation. It’s still on the ‘development’ end of the project, but they should look like a threat to any opponent. I think they will.

I’m delighted for Croatia. They deserve this.
this is an excellent rectangle