Skip to main content
Topic: The World Cup Thread (Read 11928 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The World Cup Thread

Reply #735
For the last two games I have sat in the same seat at the pub, but I am at a meeting this morning amd fear that by the time I make it to the pub that seat will be gone. As a result, I have instructed my wife to go the pub two hours before kick off and secure said seat, waiting in it until I arrive to assume my rightful place.

When I told her that I needed her to do this for thw good of the team, she didn't bat an eyelid. Years of living with me have finally taken their toll, it seems.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #736
You can, by hovering the cursor over his name and waiting for the drop down box, where you will find our old friends (and Russ' favourites) goal and donkey.

Well I never.

Reply #737
For the last two games I have sat in the same seat at the pub, but I am at a meeting this morning amd fear that by the time I make it to the pub that seat will be gone. As a result, I have instructed my wife to go the pub two hours before kick off and secure said seat, waiting in it until I arrive to assume my rightful place.

When I told her that I needed her to do this for thw good of the team, she didn't bat an eyelid. Years of living with me have finally taken their toll, it seems.
Hopefully she will make the most of that time by hammering down a few pints

Reply #738
I've heard people saying "I'm nervous" about tonight's game.

I'm not. I'm looking forward to seeing how a bunch of promising players acquit themselves. We are at least one World Cup ahead of ourselves, in my view; anything from here on in is a bonus. If we lose, it's no massive disappointment; if we win, well...

Keep the same coach and core squad, and by the next Euros we'll be a pretty effective unit that other top-level teams won't want to play much. This isn't the English way, I know, but it's about time we became that sort of team.

Reply #739
Just think. If Big Fat Sam hadn't been stung by the Telegraph, where would we be now?

Reply #740
Exactly. I'd be grateful to that paper, but it's a repulsive pro-brexit propaganda organ on behalf of its shady billionaire tax-dodging owners, so I'm not.

Reply #741
Come on England. A lot of expectation but on their day they are good enough.

Reply #742
Come on England. A lot of expectation but on their day they are good enough.

No. No expectation.  Just relax and enjoy.

Reply #743
Yesss

Reply #744
Not happening for Kane, should have buried that and eased the nerves of millions.

Reply #745
A slight worry left side, but we should be comfortable here. We've got the legs on them. Apart from young.

Reply #746
How’s it all going with the Croatian mrs?

Reply #747
The main fear for me is the ball back to the keeper. England have almost let Croatia in a couple of time by passing back in dangerous situations. Often they pass back when there is no need to.

Reply #749
We’ve been messy/nervous when pressed a few times. Mainly Young, partly Maguire.. who should have conceded a pen.

But nothing that shouldn’t be expected and forgiven. We’re menacing them when we’re on the offensive. Especially Sterling.
this is an excellent rectangle