Skip to main content
Topic: The World Cup Thread (Read 12318 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The World Cup Thread

Reply #30
Looks like it. How the format will probably work explained here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/13/three-hosts-48-teams-how-the-2026-world-cup-will-work-united

Yeah I read that after cheers.  Groups of three is a strange dynamic, I suppose it's Fifa's way of making sure as many favourites make it through as possible

Reply #31
Yeah I read that after cheers.  Groups of three is a strange dynamic, I suppose it's Fifa's way of making sure as many favourites make it through as possible

I would say that groups of three make it more likely that favourites get upset, because one freak result has a much more significant impact when it's one of two games rather than one of three.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #32
Does that mean all 3 qualify as hosts?

It would be a mean, but good, trick to put them all in the same group of 3.

Reply #33
Here comes t'World t'Cup!

Reply #34
Two teams for whom neither have players playing from outside their national league.  I wonder when the last time that happened was?

I like the idea of capping teams to only using players only from their national league.

Reply #35
Bloody Glen Hoddle commentating.

Reply #36
Two teams for whom neither have players playing from outside their national league.  I wonder when the last time that happened was?

I like the idea of capping teams to only using players only from their national league.

I suppose we have to try for any advantage we can get.

Reply #37
Russia have a player called Jerkoff.

Reply #38
Bloody Glen Hoddle commentating.

Are you listening via seance? turn the volume down and put radio five on you plank.  If you have to watch advert tv the rule is not to listen to it as well.

Dion Dublin and Connor McNamara by the sounds of it.  Not good, but not Alan Green/Robbie savage bad

Reply #39
U reds.

Reply #40
VAR gets it's first two players injured of the world cup.

Just let the onfield officials flag the really obvious offside you pricks.

Reply #41
Good finish that, Saudi's all over the place at the back

Reply #42
Considering how bad everyone says Russia are, Saudi must be utter dogsh!t.

Reply #43
Muthafcuka!    Fox’s streaming football website of which I am subscribed to doesn’t have live games.  The games are on the regular network website but doesn’t seem to want to stream but highlights it plays fine.  To say this is making me grumpy is an understatement.

I hate technology!

Chicago:  Miffed!
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #44
Suarez is looking reassuringly sh!t in this game.  He needs a bit more hunger.