Skip to main content
Topic: The World Cup Thread (Read 13037 times) previous topic - next topic

The World Cup Thread

Engerland Engerland Engerland. Quick, lets make the most of the pre-tournament mood of quiet optimism!

I f*cking love the world cup.

Re: The World Cup Thread

Reply #1
I'm confidently predicting the Netherlands to beat Italy 2-1 in the final. So bang your mortgage on that and thank me in a month's time.

Reply #2
The most corrupt world cup ever. This is on a par with the olympics in 1936. The MSM must hang their heads in shame in thier complicit promotion of it.

Roll on Qatar in 2022.

Oh.

Reply #3
f*cking MSM - I hate them

Reply #6
Spain sack their coach because he agreed to be Real Madrid manager and didn't warn them about it

Reply #7
Haha, amazing. Madness.

Reply #8
Spain sack their coach because he agreed to be Real Madrid manager and didn't warn them about it

I thought it was because Barcelona and Athletico didn't want a Real manager in charge of their players.

Reply #9
I thought it was because Barcelona and Athletico didn't want a Real manager in charge of their players.

If that's the case they might want to look past Fernando Hierro who has been mooted to step in given his Real Madrid background

Reply #10
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44464913

At least I will be going to the World Cup!

Chicago:  Too soon?
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #11
If that's the case they might want to look past Fernando Hierro who has been mooted to step in given his Real Madrid background

Sorry, I meant the guy who's going to managing Real next season. Which presents something more of a conflict of interest.

Reply #12
Drawn out Sweden in one work sweepstake and Egypt in the other. Ah well...

Reply #13
Sorry, I meant the guy who's going to managing Real next season. Which presents something more of a conflict of interest.

I see the logic, I suppose Spain is quite unique currently in the make up of their squad plus the ongoing political aspects of Catalan meaning they feel they have little choice.  It seems the players weren't in favour of the decision, not sure if that includes all the Barcelona and Athletico players.

Either way it surely could have been handled much better all around than how today has panned out.

This comment on the guardian blog made me laugh:
"maybe it’ll transpire in a couple of weeks that Rubiales got concussion following his meeting with Sergio Ramos. Look out for the Spanish FA’s president dropping another clanger in the next 20 minutes."