Skip to main content

Poll

How do you want the front page?

Like this default scheme.
[ 13 ] (65%)
Like the 'flarum style' you've been trialling.
[ 4 ] (20%)
d)
[ 2 ] (10%)
Mugabe
[ 1 ] (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Topic: How do you want the front page? (Read 525 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you want the front page?

Feel free to have an opinion.

Re: How do you want the front page?

Reply #1
I've got a bit confused with what is going on. Would you mind providing some screenshots to aid in my choice?

Reply #2
Yes, I definitely would.

Reply #3
I prefer default, there you go, decision made

Reply #4
I like flarum style.

Let the debate begin.

Reply #5
Is the flarum thing the new thing which sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't?

I can't make head or tail of it, to be honest. That's probably a good reason to implement it.

Reply #6
I prefer default, there you go, decision made

One of the most sensible things you have ever said.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #7
Default muthafcukas! The other one is horrid and reminds me of millenials and Facebook and Snapchat and everything wrong in the world.

Chicago:  Classy.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #8
Flarum looks like a modern day version of the old, old board (the one where img posted a lot).
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #9
Yes. I know.

I like it in a 'back to the 'future' .img sort of a way. i like that we can potentially have single list, but also the 'normal' board structure.

Reply #10
I fear change. Default for me.

Reply #11
I favour progression and a futurist outlook. Bring it on.

Reply #12
The middle aged, change is bad, old guard, are holding sway at the moment.  Which is good.  The more vanilla the board is, the easier to maintain.

P.S. now the board is on a containerized platform (there's one outstanding problem with it, but that will take a bit of time to solve) I can watch the logs, cpu, and memory usage, of just this board, in real-time. It's currently taking an absolute pounding from yandex (russian) bots.

Reply #13
I don't really care either way. Whatever the board looks like the same tedious bollocks will be posted. And I will still read it.

Reply #14
The middle aged, change is bad, old guard, are holding sway at the moment.  Which is good.  The more vanilla the board is, the easier to maintain.

P.S. now the board is on a containerized platform (there's one outstanding problem with it, but that will take a bit of time to solve) I can watch the logs, cpu, and memory usage, of just this board, in real-time. It's currently taking an absolute pounding from yandex (russian) bots.

We (my board) were absolutely anonymous for a good while, left alone to talk sh!t in peace, until about three months ago and now I get 20-30 Russian and Eastern European registrations a day. It's weird, we went from 0-mental in a matter of a few days.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar