Skip to main content
Topic: Summer 2018 transfers and rumours (Read 26476 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Summer 2018 transfers and rumours

Reply #795
Pretty sure that if he signs tomorrow it will have to be a loan.

That's what the twitter journos are saying. They also say that because a loan deal can be done on the basis of a "becomes permanent later" clause, the transfer deadline is rather meaningless.

I don't know if that is right or not.

Reply #796
That's what the twitter journos are saying. They also say that because a loan deal can be done on the basis of a "becomes permanent later" clause, the transfer deadline is rather meaningless.

I don't know if that is right or not.

I guess it's not meaningless if the arrangement isn't binding, ie. if a player plays sh!t or gets injured on loan, a club can send him back.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #798
How much did Warburton spend on him?

Reply #799
It's pretty obvious that if someone like Byram comes in he would be first choice - at least at the start, but if the delay to signing him means Darikwa pushes himself to deliver his best, then all the better.

The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #800
Wasn't that Robinson chap supposed to be a full back as well?
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #801
Wasn't that Robinson chap supposed to be a full back as well?

left-back I think

Reply #803
Official West Ham have loaned him to us.

Reply #804
£3 million wasn't it.

2M, I think. I don't think he's even that bad a player, he's just not a great defender. He has good attacking instincts and his pace is a huge asset, it's just that his mistakes are amplified when he makes them at the back. If we played with orthodox wingers I don't think I'd have too much problem with using him there, but as it is I'm not sure I see a place for him in our current system.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #805
We've signed Byram anyway.

Reply #806
Regardless of the merits of Byram vs Darikwa, I think Darikwa has been somewhat unfairly judged by many after doing essentially a pretty sound job at full back. As a local lad and Forest-fan-in-his-youth, I'd like to see him stay in the first team squad and push Byram hard for a place. It's always nice to have that local element in the squad, from an identity perspective at least.

Reply #807
Darikwa is really on borrowed time, I think. Which is a relief, because he's a game lad but he's clearly a weak link.

Interviewed Woany for Bandy & Shinty this summer and he said pretty much exactly that, great lad, loves being at Forest - his club, but ultimately not good enough. Cost us £2M I believe.

Reply #808
Ian Woan being the assistant manager of the club that sold him to us? Shame he didn't say that before the event!

Reply #809
Saw Reading's game against d*rby last week. They were nothing special at all. If Forest can replicate the levels against WBA, they have a great chance.

Think they've lost Kermorgant too and he always seemed to like scoring against Forest.