Skip to main content
Topic: Summer 2018 transfers and rumours (Read 27244 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Summer 2018 transfers and rumours

Reply #30
Yep, and I expect we will keep droning on about it until the club shares with the fans its update on our strategy.

I kind of thought the Chairman might have done that in his last open letter but that was more about the owner not being a heroin smuggler.

I am wondering what the point of Nicholas Randall is. He supports QPR, lives and works in London, and doesn't communicate with the fans on behalf of the club very often. Does he attend home games much?

I'm sure he's a proper chap and everything, but maybe a chairman who had a bit more of a local presence and a public voice might be more useful.

Reply #31
I am available, for the right offer.

Reply #33
I am wondering what the point of Nicholas Randall is. He supports QPR, lives and works in London, and doesn't communicate with the fans on behalf of the club very often. Does he attend home games much?

I'm sure he's a proper chap and everything, but maybe a chairman who had a bit more of a local presence and a public voice might be more useful.

Yes he is at every home game
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #34
Does he sing the 'mist rolling in' song?

Reply #35
More importantly does he sing "lost that loving feeling" whenever we score, rather than in the correct context.... And does he sing "the blues" without any notion that it only works for teams that play in, err blue, like the rest of the Muppets?

Does he have a player that he relentlessly abuses, despite no real evidence there is anything particularly wrong with that player?

Does he whine about loyalty, but demand that the club "f*cking get rid", "because he's sh!t"?

You know, is he a 'proper' fan?

Reply #36
It's probably already done the rounds on here already but there was an excellent defense of our 18 year old striker doing the twitter rounds that was basically my youth, but made me feel middle class as I had my own socks.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #37
On Saturday, there was libellous mumbling behind me that a crowd of 25,000 was "Greek counting". I assume that the point of Nicholas Randall QC is to quell this sort of thing.

Reply #38
There weren’t 25,000 there but it was a pretty decent crowd and we count seats sold, not bodies through the turnstile.

Also, Marinakis is a stand-up guy who has never told a lie or smuggled any heroin. I know because it was in the open letter that we keep banging on about.

Reply #39
In fairness I don't think it claimed that he hadn't smuggled any heroin...just that he was not guilty of the charges at that time on the table. I also don't think it claimed he had never told a lie. That's like claiming you have never had a w@nk.  It's theoretically possible, but highly unlikely.

Reply #40
Why would you say you had a bigger attendance than you actually got?

Reply #41
In fairness I don't think it claimed that he hadn't smuggled any heroin...just that he was not guilty of the charges at that time on the table. I also don't think it claimed he had never told a lie. That's like claiming you have never had a w@nk.  It's theoretically possible, but highly unlikely.

It said he hadn't been charged with anything. Just accused.

Reply #42
Why would you say you had a bigger attendance than you actually got?

Big crowds are good pr - a 5k increase in attendance this season compared to last makes the new owners look good and makes the board look good to the owners. Also creates the impression it's necessary to buy a season ticket to guarantee a decent seat.

Reply #43
Also, I'm not saying that our owner is an international drug smuggler with a need to launder as much money as possible, but if I were an international drug smuggler with a need to launder as much money as possible then I'd certainly consider a football club and its turnstiles to be a pretty good way of doing it.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #44
Also, I'm not saying that our owner is an international drug smuggler with a need to launder as much money as possible, but if I were an international drug smuggler with a need to launder as much money as possible then I'd certainly consider a football club and its turnstiles to be a pretty good way of doing it.
But they don't take cash at the turnstiles any more?