Skip to main content
Topic: Mundane NFFC news (Read 3094 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mundane NFFC news

Reply #15
I'm also glad, as I'd be suprised if they have not reached their managerial peak at Lincoln.

Reply #16
I hear that rumor. Thought it was bollocks. Who would seriously think they could have the sort of success demanded by owners and fans at the highest level they had ever been near.

It bothers me if our highly competent new structure were even thinking that way.

Reply #17
I'm also glad, as I'd be suprised if they have not reached their managerial peak at Lincoln.

I hear you brother. It's not as if it's enough to take pleasure in some people achieving something somewhere. Just for the pleasure of being pleased for them.

No, what's needed is to disparage some people and say that they would never be good enough for us (who knows whether they would be or not, eventually?), the useless c*nts.

The world needs more of that. More power to you.

Reply #18

I forget: it's even worse that that. They have created something that people can buy into and feel they are a part of, and that is f*cking unforgiveable, even at the level of the pub leagues. We must rule them out as a matter of principle now, before anyone gets any ideas about THAT SORT OF THING.

We are much better off with wavers of magic wands for short term effect AND I HEAR THAT ALAN PARDEW IS NOW A FREE AGENT.

Reply #19
"Substantial infrastructure project".

A new TV?
I've heard rumours of plans to fill in the corners of the trent end stand and replace the main stand with a two tier structure

Reply #20
Lincoln are a pleasant small club. I always enjoyed our friendlies there. Twice relegated to none league and both times came back. Good luck to them and hopefully they will reach the dizzy heights of Division three. ( Division 3 in old money).

Reply #21
I've heard rumours of plans to fill in the corners of the trent end stand and replace the main stand with a two tier structure

Seems more likely that they'd replace the BC Stand than the Main Stand. Main is old and small, but it isn't a potential death trap like the BC.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #22
Seems more likely that they'd replace the BC Stand than the Main Stand. Main is old and small, but it isn't a potential death trap like the BC.
I'm sure I remember a discussion on here some years ago about the surprise of it ever getting a safety certificate. My memory was that pod was involved in the discussion, so it would be some time ago. At least a decade, probably.

Reply #23
What was the issue - slowness of exit? Can't recall the discussion.

Reply #24
I'm sure I remember a discussion on here some years ago about the surprise of it ever getting a safety certificate. My memory was that pod was involved in the discussion, so it would be some time ago. At least a decade, probably.

I became aware of it through a conversation with Mark Arthur around the time we were looking at a new ground. His words almost verbatim were "we're absolutely terrified of something happening in the ground when that stand is full, because there is no way that we would be allowed to build it under the current stadium regulations". I believe that there have been measures taken to make it safer, but my recollection of the handful of times I've been in there is that it's an incredibly tight concourse with no ability for people to get out quickly.

Maybe that was the master plan over the last few years - avoid a stadium disaster by making sure that the football is sufficiently crap that no one wants to come in the first place.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #25
I dislike the BC stand on the occasions I've had to sit in it. It's a pain getting around due to the overcrowded narrow concourse, and the seats have bugger all leg room.

The main stand, for it's foibles, has decent legroom and given the additional walkway along the side of the pitch, makes getting around (and out) significantly easier
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #26
I hear that rumor. Thought it was bollocks. Who would seriously think they could have the sort of success demanded by owners and fans at the highest level they had ever been near.

It bothers me if our highly competent new structure were even thinking that way.

Personally I think they will probably be a success at a higher level than League 2, but I'm not sure they would ever be a good fit for a large club with a fanbase obsessed with playing style, as from what I can gather (have a family member who is a ST holder at sincil bank) there is a large amount of 'hoof' to their strategy.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #27
The last time I was in the BC was for a dirty leed game (think it was a draw) and it was full. I couldn’t believe how bad it was at half time on the concourse - and total lack of any visible stewarding to help relieve the pressure points.

Reply #28
I hear you brother. It's not as if it's enough to take pleasure in some people achieving something somewhere. Just for the pleasure of being pleased for them.

No, what's needed is to disparage some people and say that they would never be good enough for us (who knows whether they would be or not, eventually?), the useless c*nts.

The world needs more of that. More power to you.

What on earth are you going on about?

They’ve done very well to get Lincoln into L2 and have done very well to go from PE teachers to football league managers. (I think that’s one of them).

And I’m sure the Lincoln City fans are very happy with what they have done.

I just doubt they will manage much higher. A view currently shared by over 70 clubs in the football league.

Reply #29
I just doubt they will manage much higher. A view currently shared by over 70 clubs in the football league.

They have plenty of time in front of them to achieve that and it could just be that they are currently happy where they are

Little early to write them off