Skip to main content
Topic: Mundane NFFC news (Read 2819 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mundane NFFC news

Reply #1
I'm not sure who I trust less, Marinakis or the Greek authorities.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #3
posted about this in the other thread, but it seems there is a lot of weirdness going on in greek political circles when it comes to Marinakis. There is something about him buying a failing media company where he was in direct competition with the government. There is stuff about a DEA investigation not even mentioning any involvement from Marinakis but then he is suddenly implicated after one of the people convicted mentioned him in a phone call from jail, only to later say they were under pressure by the authorities to implicate him in order to have their sentence shortened....

Marinakis is currently in the US and has made a statement (in greek) with the general gist being 'They are all c*nts, and keep coming after me for stuff but I have done absolutely nothing wrong so they can f*ck off' - or words to that effect.

I think the reason he went into co-ownership of the club was to protect Forest in the event that the previous match-fixing thing caused complications, so I doubt this will have any significant impact on the club, at least for the foreseeable future. And I bet this thing will trundle on for years.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #4
Quote from: kranky
Daryl has had a tough time with his injury and with a personal loss, which has been difficult for him. I am trying to give him my confidence. But he is not (currently) the Murphy that we know. He is an amazing player and an amazing person, so I am pleased with him. It will happen for him.

... Sticks with Murphy through the tough times, despite Russ's coaching report.

Reply #5
... Sticks with Murphy through the tough times, despite Russ's coaching report.

That's cute, or at least it would be if I thought you were that naive and not just taking the face value of such a transparent statement to support your view.

"I've inherited this knackered old guy who's being paid way more than he's worth at this stage of his career, but I've got to find some way of freeing up the cash to replace him this summer so I'm going to give him a few runs out in the last meaningless games of the season in the hope that a couple will go in off his arse and I can find someone willing to take him off my hands even if I have to eat some of his salary", said no manager ever.

The entire story is about how the number one priority this summer is to sign strikers. That doesn't exactly jibe with a belief in Murphy - Brereton isn't cutting it at the moment but is very young and has all the tools, Vellios could go either way, but Murphy's career is only headed in one direction. Next stop Burton Albion.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #8
Underground railway to Greece.

Reply #9
Pitch Diner converted to massive weed factory.

Reply #11
Forest appear to be on ITV4 currently - When English Football Ruled Europe

Reply #12
Saw Karanka and his coaching team having dinner at Gusto, West Bridgford last night. I hope he didn't have the disappointing roast pork.

Reply #13
Why would someone invest in Gusto, when they could have a fantastic pizza at Pizza express next door?

Another disappointingly expensive way of not improving the overall quality, from this manager.

Reply #14
According to Radio 5 we had 'discussions' (of the Ugandan variety?) with the Brothers Lincoln City.

Didn't say when.

I'm glad they dodged our bullet, because they would not have been given time, as the Warburton affair demonstrates.