Skip to main content
Topic: Loanwatch  (Read 1507 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Loanwatch

Reply #16
The problem with Cummings at our level was that he hadn't trained up physically to the level yet. Assuming he would have (and remember it took McCleary about two years from the standard we got him from), we might have seen a good player.

I stand by my view that he's got something.

Reply #17
Rooney is an intelligent footballer[1], even if he's not an intelligent person.

He seemed pretty engaging and knowledgeable on Monday Night Football after a nervous start.
not meaning intelligent for a footballer

Reply #18
He looked completely lost in Warburton's team, never quite sure where to be or where to go. He might be a decent finisher but I don't think he's a particularly intelligent player.
[/quote
He looked completely lost in Warburton's team, never quite sure where to be or where to go. He might be a decent finisher but I don't think he's a particularly intelligent player.

Whenever I saw him I thought he was poor, he is young enough to get better but I’d be staggered if of made it at this level.

The SPL is absolute dogsh!t, if course he will score there. Their other star scorer is Josh Windass (son of Dean) who they signed from Accrington Stanley. And Celtic’s Scott Sinclair looks like Ronaldo in that league.

If he was out on loan in this champ and scoring I’d take note, but not in that pub league.

Reply #19
The game yesterday was against a team from his comfort level - the Scottish second division. Don't think he's done much against even premier league Scottish teams.

Reply #20
I thought he did very well against Newcastle in the cup.

Reply #21
Clough on the bench (again) for Bolton. Walker not in the squad, but he did start on Saturday.

Reply #24
Joe Worrall (I'm assuming he might return) now has Euopean experience, in the Europa league, and appears to have played pretty well.

Reply #25
Joe Worrall (I'm assuming he might return) now has Euopean experience, in the Europa league, and appears to have played pretty well.

I saw the highlights and he may have played very well in the other 84 minutes but he seemed partly at fault for the first goal.  He then tried to play Villareal offside and failed, then gave them another chance when he appeared to be running in treacle.  The Rangers keeper didn't look too pleased with him for the second goal they conceded either, with Worrall going for the block but just blocking the keeper's view, who was then beaten at the near post.

I think Worrall could have been useful in the squad this season but his lack of pace appeared to expose him last night against a better team.

Reply #26

What's that you say?

Worrall gets a starting place v Villareal.  Rangers fans on Twitter querying this selection.

Unfortunately for them the Hun are already 1 nil down.

Reply #27
Tyler Walker currently top scorer in the EFL Cup

Reply #28
Watching Barnsley v Luton. Grant just subbed after quiet display on 57 minutes
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue