Skip to main content
Topic: Inanimate Objects Misbehaving (Read 1613 times) previous topic - next topic

Inanimate Objects Misbehaving

Sitting in traffic this morning, I heard on the radio that the M25 was 'misbehaving itself'. I like it when inanimate objects develop buddhist-like properties and perform actions.

I have some of those myself. I charge a dongle overnight by the side of my bed (where better?) and the charger has a blue LED to show when it is charged. No matter what I do, the charger will flip itself over and cast blue light across the room.

Of course, wires regularly develop sentient properties; my laptop bag is an impenetrable tangle of wires the very second I close the zip even on the rare occasions when I bother to tidy them.
The wire I use to tether my phone to my netbook regularly removes itself from my laptop bag and finds its way into the study (clearly it is better at extricating itself from the aforementioned tangle of wires than I am yet to achieve).

When I was a smoker back in the days when smoking in pubs was allowed (seems so long ago and archaic now) my cigarette packet would, without fail, empty itself to leave one left for the morning no matter how many I left the house with earlier in the evening.

The biggest pain of all is my travel mug, which I fill with tea prior to setting of in the morning. Many times it manages to migrate to the radiator in the hall and then sends a subliminal message to my brain just as I've passed the point where it's too late to return and fetch it. This guarantees an angrier drive to work than usual.

More random mundane thoughts than anything else I guess...

Re: Inanimate Objects Misbehaving

Reply #1
Travel mug? Is that a Thermos Flask?

Reply #2
Socks. They're evil little b@stards, aren't they. Come in pairs but divorce at the earliest opportunity.

God, I've missed this level of intellect....
King of the c*nts.

Reply #4
My in the ear headphones always behave like a d*ckhead. It doesn't matter how neat and careful they're placed in my rucksack, whenever they are next removed, they'll always end up like some ancient knot puzzle.
I wouldn't recommend being a student to anyone.....
.......except to students

Reply #5
Amateurs.  I was cabling between two buildings yesterday.  The modern definition of gordian knot is multiple runs of cat6 cable at circa 200ft.

Reply #6
Pens especially at work seem to grow legs and hoppit.

Reply #7

My in the ear headphones always behave like a d*ckhead. It doesn't matter how neat and careful they're placed in my rucksack, whenever they are next removed, they'll always end up like some ancient knot puzzle.

Next time I see you I'll teach you the genius way to coil earphone cables so they unravel perfectly every time.

Reply #8
After placing items (specs, mobiles, etc) on top of a low level cistern, they always fall forwards into the bog, not backwards towards the wall.

Reply #9
I thought this was going to be another Thatcher thread. Who was the male equivalent of Edwina Curry?

Reply #10

Who was the male equivalent of Edwina Curry?

John Gummer for the beef burger incident, and sleeping with John Major.

(one of these things may not be true.)

Reply #11
Vindaloo Diesel?
We're all off to beat the Wolves,
Aitor Karanka!