Skip to main content
Topic: Telly Thread (Read 63367 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Telly Thread

Reply #1680
Missed out just about all the UK gaming sector which was huge but still a great watch.

Yes, it's incredible really that 30-40 years ago, the UK had its own videogames culture that was parallel but not identical to that in the US.

Luckily, Micro Men is still up on YouTube to remind us.

Reply #1681
The UK gaming sector is still pretty big. Rockstar games (them of Grand Theft Auto fame) are based in Edinburgh and Dundee is something of a hub for gaming firms.

A lot of this is a legacy of ARM which has just been sold to Nvidia; a generation of kids, including myself, were brought up on programming on BBC microcomputers. A classic example of of government support for an industry that worked.

Reply #1682
Just finished season two of The Fall. Still enjoying it so on to the third season now. This is where most on here were in agreement that the quality and plot fell off a cliff. Ah well, feels like there's enough invested in the characters at this stage to stick with it.

Reply #1683
Just finished season two of The Fall. Still enjoying it so on to the third season now. This is where most on here were in agreement that the quality and plot fell off a cliff. Ah well, feels like there's enough invested in the characters at this stage to stick with it.

Prepare for disappointment.

Reply #1685
Is it up there with Bodyguard levels of disappointment and anti-climax? The final episode of that was jaw-droppingly awful and ridiculous. That started very promisingly too.

Worse.  You have been warned.

Chicago: Parent warning sticker.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #1686
Watching the Dennis Nilsen thing with David Tennant (who’s very good). Looking forward to finding out tonight if he did it.

Reply #1687
It'll probably get quite interesting once the Dyno-Rod guy turns up.

Reply #1688
I'm about half a mile from Cranley Gardens. I can nip round and see what's going on if you like?
Forest are tragic on and off the field.

Reply #1689
Do it. Open with some robust opinions about Forest, Kentshire and the Kittens and you'll be popular as f*ck.
It's bacterial. It's a virus. It's Russian.

Reply #1690
If you haven't watched Staged, watch it.  6 20 min episodes from the BBC.  Don't read too much about it and always watch the end credits.

Reply #1691
Halfway through the second series of Cobra Kai and .... it's not as good as the first series is it? I think I can see what they are going for with Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but it could have been done in two episodes.

Reply #1692
I agree, not as good as the first - but I liked the last episode and I think it sets up series three quite well.

Anyway, there is nothing I couldn't love about Cobra Kai