Skip to main content
Topic: Telly Thread (Read 17345 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Telly Thread

Reply #345
I watched the First two episodes of the Bodyguard.  I liked episode one and if episode two hadn’t gone all rampant silly shagging it would still be Of interest.

I love line of Duty and it is the same people so I hope that t doesn’t end as horribly as Tricky suggests.

I finished Daredevil on Netflix and fcuking loved it.  Enjoying Ash vs The Evil dead too.  Castle Rock was oddly intriguing but had an obtuse ending which sort of  disappointed me.  Ray Donovan is much better than last season.

I am all over the place at the moment.

Chicago:  Fractured.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #346
I watched the First two episodes of the Bodyguard.  I liked episode one and if episode two hadn’t gone all rampant silly shagging it would still be Of interest.

I love line of Duty and it is the same people so I hope that t doesn’t end as horribly as Tricky suggests.

I finished Daredevil on Netflix and fcuking loved it.  Enjoying Ash vs The Evil dead too.  Castle Rock was oddly intriguing but had an obtuse ending which sort of  disappointed me.  Ray Donovan is much better than last season.

I am all over the place at the moment.

Chicago:  Fractured.

I'm on episode 8 of Daredevil S3 and it's comfortably the best yet, although Foggy remains the show's Ross.

Reply #347

Hmm television.  My friend.  Fighting at work and home made me find comfort in lovely mindless yet not mindless entertainment.

The Bodyguard was entertaining but had so many plot holes in it I was disappointed at the lack of cohesion in the narrative.  I won't go further in case people don't want spoilers but there were at least four things that defied logic.  Line of Duty is so much better.  But again I enjoyed it so I can't be too bothered by the nagging theory that the show was cobbled together in a change of thought half way through.

Narcos: mexico is back.  I loved the first three seasons of Narcos and the acting was amazing.  It's slow going as wifey wants me to watch with her but keeps asking me if she should watch the ones before it.  Yes, but it doesn't have an effect on this season.  So far so good.  Gritty, violent and informative.  My kind of show. 

As for Documentaries: Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle is an absolutely fascinating and quite terrifying look at the religious cult formed by Jim Jones which ended up with over 900 people dead.  It was amazing how many people followed him.  Scientology follows the same kind of doctrine as do hardcore followers of Trump.  It really is incredible how people are taken in by the promise of something better only to be stuck in something way way darker.  A really good history lesson.  It's on Sundance channel over here.  Recommended. 

Wild District. (on netflix).  A Colombian show.  Really really excellent.  Has a few of the actors from Narcos but play completely different characters.  Also based loosely again on real events.  It's about the demobilization of FARC guerillas and how they aren't really accepted back into society.  One such fellow is found by security services to be a notorious fighter who they use to infiltrate corruption in Bogota.  Violent, well acted and a few things to say about South American society.  I really liked it.  Made more sense than The Bodyguard.

My beautiful Friend.  On HBO.  Totally in Italian and beautifully shot.  Men are horrible.  That's all I can say. but extremely well done.  If you are not INGO and like watching shows in subtitles then Wild District, Narcos and Wild District are for you.

Sally4Ever made me laugh.  It's utter cringeworthy but I can see why she would abandon blokes.  Especially the one she has living with her.  I have only seen the first episode but the Lesbo sex scene is hilarious.  So far so chuckle.

Chicago: Escaping reality.  
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #348
We are watching The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina. I never watched the original kids show and had no interest in seeing this, but it's very funny, very dark and very much not for kids.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #349
Syko was just on A Question Of Sport. Obviously he was brilliant but ended up on the losing side. Not much changes.
Boy am I going to look even more stupid than usual when we romp to a 3-0 win.

Reply #350
Late to the party but Killing Eve is on iPlayer and is pretty amazing.

Reply #351
Just watched a series called “Mighty Ships” pretty darned good
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #352
The Bros reunion documentary (yes, really) on BBC Four may be the funniest thing you'll see this Christmas.

Reply #353
Click and collect, ok.

Reply #354
Bird Box - a zombie movie for people who hate horror movies and wouldn't be seen dead watching one. Is good.
Bandersnatch (Black Mirror) - clever and annoying, with a fun format tweak (interactive fiction - no it isn't new, but is well done). Admired more than liked, so pretty much standard for Black Mirror

Reply #355
 I'm saving the Sunderland wonder season doco for another day. Booooy does it look like fun for everyone except Sunderland fans (and possibly us too)

Reply #356
I enjoyed the Sunderland documentary, was well done, nice insite into Grabbans opinion of himself.

Reply #357
Birdbox is a film.  Should be in the movie thread.  Anyway since we are here might as well say it’s like the Quiet place but with sight.  It’s pretty well done for the nonsense that it is.  Drinking helps.

Killing Eve is fun but it’s not the best thing I have seen this year.  The girl playing the psycho is very very entertaining though. 

Currently juggling a million balls when it comes to shows but I do like the German entry on Netflix: “Dogs Of Berlin”.  It’s about football and murder and betting and scuzzyness and probably Mezit Ozil.  So far so good.

Escape at Dannamora is excellent.  A really great drama recreation of the real life prisoner escape at the New York prison in 2015.  Patricia Arquette is a revelation.  Highly recommended.

Ray Donovan this season is a bit of a mess but much better than the last entry.  It does have Jon voight which of course is amazing.

The Magicians is daffy but great fun.

Chicago:  Seeking refuge.

Reply #358
I do like an Arquette..