Skip to main content
Topic: Telly Thread (Read 8156 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Oh f*ck!

Reply #30
The poor lad's homeless at Christmas, give him a break.
I very nearly was. First my mortgage broker told me he’d done something that if true would have left me quite literally homeless and pending bankruptcy. (He lied, thankfully).
Having crossed that bridge we turned up at new home a few days ago; all our stuff in a van only to find that the seller had barely started packing and was trying to move a 4 bed house (bearing in mind she was contractually supposed to be out by 1pm) with 2 guys and a single Luton van. I ended up getting our removals firm to send extra people to basically take all her stuff and dump it in the street late in the afternoon. It seemed quite a sh!tty thing to do; but the alternative was to put everything into storage and move into a hotel for a few days (and charge her for it).

Anyway we moved in, I don’t expect to be on the seller’s Xmas card list (although I actually did her a big favour) and the seller eventually got the last of her stuff shifted 2 days later.

I’m bemused by the whole process. When so many things go wrong I’m inclined to wonder “is it me”? In some ways I’d like to think it was; because if it’s me being a tw@t then at least I have some degree of control.

Reply #31
.....I’m bemused by the whole process. When so many things go wrong I’m inclined to wonder “is it me”? In some ways I’d like to think it was; because if it’s me being a tw@t then at least I have some degree of control.
It's not you. Pretty much everything I get involved in these days is a clusterf*ck with monumental levels of incompetence by pretty much every participant (leave it!). Anyone who thinks we are going to suddenly become cutting edge competitive without the benefit of a massive privileged trading block is myopic, or an idiot.
I'm pretty much factoring in the wrong stuff being sent, or not working, or not as described, or people being unable to do what they claim, or nothing working as expected, on every project.

Reply #32

Well since this meant to be the Television thread then I will just say that the wife got me Netflix.  I will never leave the house and will never have to bother about sport again.  Fat b@starding awaits.

Chicago: Already pied up.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #33
Well since this meant to be the Television thread then I will just say that the wife got me Netflix.  I will never leave the house and will never have to bother about sport again.  Fat b@starding awaits.

Chicago: Already pied up.

How has an avid TV addict like you never had Netflix?
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #34
Disappointingly, the Inside No. 9 episode Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room did not feature a cameo from his roadie. (Although it was great, despite that oversight.)

Reply #35
Just spent ten minutes looking for the telly thread. Can you at least rename it please @garf?

Anyway, the new series of The Grand Tour is massively superior to the first one. The piece Clarkson did this week on the Audi Quattro vs the Lancia O37 is the best thing he's done in years.

Reply #36
It’s still clarkson and he’s still a massive bell end though.

Re: Telly Thread

Reply #37
I really can't bring myself to watch the second season of the Grand Tour.  Made it about half way through the first season before deciding it was high-budget rubbish, while the self-congratulatory manner of the three presenters buying into their own hype just started grating.

The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #38
I really can't bring myself to watch the second season of the Grand Tour.  Made it about half way through the first season before deciding it was high-budget rubbish, while the self-congratulatory manner of the three presenters buying into their own hype just started grating.

You're absolutely right about the first season. Season 2 isn't perfect but it's heaps better, they've dropped most of the stupid sh!t they had in the first series that everybody clearly hated and focused more on the cars. If you don't watch anything else, watch the last fifteen minutes of the latest episode.

Reply #39
Fair enough.

Apparently they also call out my current car as one of the worst cars on the road (according to a friend), which didn't make me predisposed to watch it either.

I may give the second season a test for the first couple of episodes, but I'm not holding my breath.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #40
Fair enough.

Apparently they also call out my current car as one of the worst cars on the road (according to a friend), which didn't make me predisposed to watch it either.

I may give the second season a test for the first couple of episodes, but I'm not holding my breath.

What's your current car?

Reply #41
Outlander PHEV (well I say current, it's been in the auto repair place since the start of December having the front-end rebuilt, so I'm still in a rental Mondeo at the mo)

Reply #42
Outlander PHEV (well I say current, it's been in the auto repair place since the start of December having the front-end rebuilt, so I'm still in a rental Mondeo at the mo)

Huh. Never heard it mentioned, but they generally don't like any midsize practical cars. (I too drive an exceedingly dull SUV.)

Reply #43
I watched an episode of season 2 last night because of this thread resurrection and enjoyed it. I didn't have any real ill feeling towards the first batch, I just didn't get round to watching it. Is the Quattro one the most recent episode? I watch bugger all TV unless it's live sport or Gold so this on demand release date sh!t is a mystery to me. 
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #44
The Black Mirror Star Trekky-flavoured episode is excellent.