Skip to main content
Topic: It's the Creekit (Read 13065 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: It's the Creekit

Reply #15
Given that the Cowardly Lyon was getting some turn I'm quite tempted by 9/2 on Moeen taking the most wickets in Australia's first innings.

Reply #16
I'm no expert, as you know.  The implication seemed to be that it was because it was slow and damp (compared to normal gabba wickets), but the expectation was that it would dry out over the next couple of days and not take spin until the wicket starts to deteriorate later in the game.

If that panned out, then a first innings bet on spin would be a bad one. Bear in mind that cowardly has taken zero wickets so far.

Reply #17
Don't diss SuperMo or JP will be after you.

Reply #18
Crikits!

Reply #19
started half an hour early today. That nearly caught me out

Reply #20
Not perfect but playing with the right sort of balance. Forty more and we can afford to drop another wicket. It will only get easier from here as the ball loses a bit.

I have quiet optimism.

Reply #21
Not perfect but playing with the right sort of balance. Forty more and we can afford to drop another wicket. It will only get easier from here as the ball loses a bit.

I have quiet optimism.

hmmm.

Reply #22
However, with the second new ball tomorrow and their bowlers starting again fresh, I fear that by this time tomorrow they'll be too close for comfort for not enough wickets. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like 280 all out and 220-2.

Not far off on our batting and little pessimistic on our bowling/their batting. Pretty evenly balanced at the moment but Smith could change that quickly tomorrow.

Reply #23
Australia are behind where we were. Scoring at a similar rate. New ball due in 18 overs. We could still get them out for 250.

I'm not giving this one up. It certainly looks like a result is likely.

Reply #24
Australia are behind where we were. Scoring at a similar rate. New ball due in 18 overs. We could still get them out for 250.

I'm not giving this one up. It certainly looks like a result is likely.

Seems like there's a fair amount of rain forecast over the next three days.

Assuming it does go the distance though, a small deficit (<50?) wouldn't be the end of the world if we bat well in the second innings.

Reply #25
Assuming it does go the distance though, a small deficit (<50?) wouldn't be the end of the world if we bat well in the second innings.
That's a big if given past performances when there's a bit of (any) scoreboard pressure

Reply #26
TMS stat of the day. First time since 2003 that all eleven England players were born in England.

Reply #27
That can't be right. The one with the beard is a foreign isn't he?

Reply #28
🏺🍰

Reply #29
Well, those last few overs were pretty exhausting to watch.  Brainless by Cook.  Fair play to Root and Stoneman for hanging on in there and hopefully they'll still be there once the shine's gone off the new ball.  Momentum with Australia but doesn't take much to swing it back in a relatively low scoring game.  Doesn't look too hopeful at the moment though - where was that rain...?