Skip to main content
Topic: It's the Creekit (Read 13062 times) previous topic - next topic

It's the Creekit

England win the toss and are going to bat first.

Re: It's the Creekit

Reply #1
Correct! (Historically). Let's hope the top order aren't sh!t. (Like they are historically)

Reply #2
I somehow managed to miss the FACT that James Vince is on this tour and batting 3. What the f*ck? Good luck to him. I guess his record this year got him above Ballance, but there must be several batsmen gnashing their teeth.

Reply #3
Cap'n Cook leads the way in Australia. Fitting.

Reply #4
Just as I was thinking 'this is supposed to be the fast, bouncy wicket but they look comfortable' Cook nicks off.

Reply #5
This is pretty interesting. The Aussie pace attack isn't making much happen. The ball is surely well on the way to going off. I wonder what their plan B is?

Reply #6
Nathan Lyon

Reply #7
Vince seems to be ramming my words down my throat faster than Mooen ever managed. Who else can I moan into form? The rest of our batting order is sh!t and we won't make 300.

That should do it.

Reply #8
That wasn't a bad chuck.

Reply #9
This is very odd. It seems that England have lost three wickets (one a run out) in the third session. I thought from the pre-series talk about the Australian wonder bowlers, they'd struggle to last  three overs.

Reply #10
Come on Mo, JP is itching for you to do well so he can post a picture of you on my Facebook timeline again.

Reply #11
Ball not coming on. Pitch doing a bit. England finish the first day averaging 49 for each wicket. You'd take that surely?

Two early wickets tomorrow and we are out for three hundred.....but someone gets dug in and they make four hundred.

Reply #12
Ball not coming on. Pitch doing a bit. England finish the first day averaging 49 for each wicket. You'd take that surely?

Yup.

Reply #13
However, with the second new ball tomorrow and their bowlers starting again fresh, I fear that by this time tomorrow they'll be too close for comfort for not enough wickets. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like 280 all out and 220-2.

But it shows that their fast bowlers aren't the unplayable supermen that Australia seemed to have convinced themselves they were and good that we've got here without contributions from Root or Cook, which augers well for at least a semi-competitive series.

Reply #14
Scoring at 2.4 runs/over, 4 wickets down day 1 over.

The draw is worth a few quid at 11/4.