Skip to main content
Topic: Poppy facism (Read 1108 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Poppy facism

Reply #30
At least we will finally be giving veterans of the two great wars the kind of recognition and remembrance they deserve.

Now that they are basically all dead, and we don't have to pay them decent pensions, or provide adequate dignified services, if we finally say that they were important.

You know the right wing mantra....

Out of sight, claim their f*cking legacy as your own.

Reply #31
I saw a dog wearing a poppy today.

I didn’t get mine one but she’s called Poppy so I think that trumps the poppy wearing lab.

Reply #32
I saw a dog wearing a poppy today.

I didn’t get mine one but she’s called Poppy so I think that trumps the poppy wearing lab.

Surely anyone whose dog is not call poppy at this time of year should be strung up?

Reply #33
Our daughter is called Poppy. Like Katie Hopkins’ daughter.

Reply #34
I have a dog called poppy, I'm not a traitor

Reply #36
Mine is called "Darkies". I get my head kicked in every time I lose her in modern Britain. I hanker after the good old days.

Reply #37
We have such a silhouette on our post office. It's sponsored. This made me simultaneously drop my jaw, and piss myself

To be fair, I always kind of had the impression that this happens to you quite a lot  anyway. 
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #38
My youngest daughter is called Victoria. Covers the period where British influence was at it's zenith, the medal and the sponge.
I wouldn't recommend being a student to anyone.....
.......except to students

Reply #39
For god's sake, man. You can't name your children after cakes.

Reply #40
One of our cats is called Bumble. We tell everyone he's named after David Lloyd the Sky commentator but really he's named after the character of The Beadle in Oliver Twist. The other one is called Gary after the character the Trotters found in the back of their van after a booze cruise in an OFAH Christmas special. So we've got starving workhouse orphans and illegal immigrants covered.

Reply #41

Battenburg makes for an excellent choice of non gender specific name for a child.

Jaffa less so. 
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #42

I'm committed to cakes
I wouldn't recommend being a student to anyone.....
.......except to students

Reply #43
My pets have mostly followed a couple of themes for their names: we have had a Stanley and an Alfie (sadly my wife has been resistant every time to naming any of our pets Stuart or Psycho), and we have also had a Stella, a Charlie and now a Woodford.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #44
In Forest-themed pet name news, we had a cat called Cloughie.