Skip to main content
Topic: Poppy facism (Read 1110 times) previous topic - next topic

Poppy facism

Where's the poppy on this site, eh? I can't see one anywhere. Bloody disgrace.

Re: Poppy facism

Reply #1
Where's the poppy on this site, eh? I can't see one anywhere. Bloody disgrace.
We eat babies, and sh!t on our heroic dead, round here.
We are almost the epitomy of evil.

...but we can't quite bring ourselves to vote tory.

Reply #2
As usual the Poppy Watch Twitter account is doing sterling work. The Tesco meat counter arranged like a display of poppies is particularly gruesome in its inappropriateness.

An old school friend just posted a picture of her 4 yr old daughter on Facebook, grinning, surrounded by a poppy-themed frame and a quote from Rupert Owen. She's a nice and well-meaning lady but that is what the Right call 'virtue signalling' of the very highest order.

A picture of her infant son being sick, surrounded by some lines on 'froth-corrupted lungs' and a few gas mask motifs, might have been more seemly.

Reply #3
She's a nice and well-meaning lady but that is what the Right call 'virtue signalling' of the very highest order.

The rank hypocrisy of the right is blatant in so many situations, but never more than they're crying about virtue signalling because a straight white middle class westerner has the temerity to stand up for a section of society of which they're not a member.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #4
I don't wear one.

Thankfully no ones ever gone all James McClean on me.

Reply #5
Ban this monster. He's obviously some sort of muslim terrorist paedo.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #6
Hamburg conference update, about 400 people, no poppies.

Reply #7
Attendants offended = 0
Rich b = apoplectic

Reply #8
The rank hypocrisy of the right is blatant in so many situations, but never more than they're crying about virtue signalling because a straight white middle class westerner has the temerity to stand up for a section of society of which they're not a member.

I think it's possible to hold these two opinions:

1) people who call out 'virtue signalling' are more than likely to be bell ends.

2) 'virtue signalling' is a thing that a lot of people do whereby they *say* the right things to look good, but don't actually *do* a damn thing. Standing up for another section of society is great. But if you're mainly doing it to make yourself look good then, y'know, f*ck off. I'm not saying we should all donate our life savings to any causes we wish to promote on social media, but I think that the idea that simply saying you believe a thing, when that comes at no cost to you at all, is unhelpful if it's being done en masse. It means nobody can tell what people *really* care about. Y'know.. enough to stand up.. go on a march.. hand over some cash.. or change some behaviors. Hashtags raise awareness, but they don't build shelters, they don't buy medical supplies, they don't crush the patriarchy.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #9
I am raising awareness for bollock cancer by pleading on social media for help meeting the sponsorship limit to gain entry to some pointless trot around some urban wilderness.

No you aren't you toe rag. Everybody already knows about it, and you are either lying or patronising people by telling us that sh!t.

I'm a hard sell for unsolicited Charidee, where the public accounts and cost versus distribution figures are not available. Particularly so for 'raising awareness', and doubly so for organised marathons.

Reply #10
"I'm going to do something I've always wanted to do and I want my friends and family to pay for it so I've partnered up with an organisation that will, for a cut of the cash, dress the whole thing up as a worthy enterprise to make it that bit harder for you to tell me to f*ck off and pay for my own Icelandic bike trek"
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #12
As usual the Poppy Watch Twitter account is doing sterling work. The Tesco meat counter arranged like a display of poppies is particularly gruesome in its inappropriateness.

An old school friend just posted a picture of her 4 yr old daughter on Facebook, grinning, surrounded by a poppy-themed frame and a quote from Rupert Owen. She's a nice and well-meaning lady but that is what the Right call 'virtue signalling' of the very highest order.

A picture of her infant son being sick, surrounded by some lines on 'froth-corrupted lungs' and a few gas mask motifs, might have been more seemly.

I totally agree with your sentiment. But I have a question for the prosecution counsel.

I’d heard of both Rupert Brooke and Wilfred Owen.
Who’s this Rupert Owen? Is he a b@stard love child of the two, conceived in a mustard gas haze? Or is it the generic FB term for a war poet?

Reply #13
No you aren't you toe rag. Everybody already knows about it, and you are either lying or patronising people by telling us that sh!t.

Are you still angry about this if there is a sponsorship target you have to meet but you've paid your own entry fee? A bit of fund raising isn't always a bad thing, you don't have to give anything if you don't want too.

I agree entirely with the free trot round the Andes under the guise of charedee, although I do think we are at risk of using a few w@nkerish examples and high horsing like, well, a big sh!t filled horse.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #14
I totally agree with your sentiment. But I have a question for the prosecution counsel.

I’d heard of both Rupert Brooke and Wilfred Owen.
Who’s this Rupert Owen? Is he a b@stard love child of the two, conceived in a mustard gas haze? Or is it the generic FB term for a war poet?

Got it in one.