Skip to main content
Topic: Can't Be Arsed to Find the Smartw@tch Thread (Read 534 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't Be Arsed to Find the Smartw@tch Thread

Anyway  - I've just bought one of  these  as an impulse buy.... I thought  for 22 quid it was worth a punt.

It'll probably catch fire or explode or something within a week, mind.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Re: Can't Be Arsed to Find the Smartw@tch Thread

Reply #1
Not sure it's a good sign that they can't spell "wrist".

Reply #2
It will be interesting to see how you get on with it.  Personally I think that a watch with a built in sim is a bad idea....managing calls and the suchlike from a wrist based platform doesn't work well for me.  I'm also against such products that need charging everyday.

My initial reaction was "why have you done that!"...but you never know.  I am prepare to concede that most people are different from me.

Reply #3
To be fair, your wrists have had it tough.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #4
It will be interesting to see how you get on with it.  Personally I think that a watch with a built in sim is a bad idea....managing calls and the suchlike from a wrist based platform doesn't work well for me.  I'm also against such products that need charging everyday.

My initial reaction was "why have you done that!"...but you never know.  I am prepare to concede that most people are different from me.
I doubt I'll even use the standalone SIM. You can still just BT connect and synch to your phone.
It's handy for seeing notifications etc when at work in an at-a-glance fashion. Also for when cycling, f*cking stupid mountain challenge training etc. 
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #5
How's the training going by the way? What is the biggest hill you've walked up so far?

I'm planning to take my daughter up Schiehallion (a mountain) on Sunday, before she turns 11. Depends on how windy it is though.

Reply #6

I'm planning to take my daughter up Schiehallion

That's very close to an ooo errr missus or a call to Childline.

Reply #7
I doubt I'll even use the standalone SIM. You can still just BT connect and synch to your phone.
It's handy for seeing notifications etc when at work in an at-a-glance fashion. Also for when cycling, f*cking stupid mountain challenge training etc.
My miband 2 is ace for this...but smaller, lighter, and showerproof.  also has heart-rate and I'm getting around 8-10 days on a charge (I tend to charge it before "an event" or the weekend, whichever comes first). Although I have few f*cks to give about cycling as have a garmin for directions, and am not putting my fitness band on my feet for anyone.
I'm hoping that xiaomi bring out a cheap mi band 3 - not much needs to be different....failing that I will either buy another 2, or something out of the slightly more upmarket amazefit range.
The mibands are good kit, cheap (never paid much different to circa £20) enough to be disposable, support has been good, and the app and ability is now good.  It probably doesn't have a wealth of options for sharing ones fitness statistics with the world, but I don't care about that.  It's for me to track what I'm doing...not other people.
I like it most for setting a smartlock on my phone, so that when I walk away from it in the pub the lads can't send pictures of their ringpiece to all my contact list.

Reply #8
How's the training going by the way? What is the biggest hill you've walked up so far?

I'm planning to take my daughter up Schiehallion (a mountain) on Sunday, before she turns 11. Depends on how windy it is though.
The training I haven't actually really properly started yet?
Yes, yes, I know.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #9
That's very close to an ooo errr missus or a call to Childline.

Nah. There's no innuendo you can make out of 'Schiehallion'.

Reply #10
The training I haven't actually really properly started yet?
Yes, yes, I know.

A bit windy today so we did a 600m hill 1hr closer to Edinburgh instead. It was ace. But windy.