Skip to main content
Topic: NFFC news thread (Read 29350 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NFFC news thread

Reply #480
According to the lads on COYR Forest Forum we will play a friendly game in Piraeus against Olympiakos on the 16th or 17th of July.

Presumably so our new manager can decide which Olympiakos players need releasing from their contracts.

Reply #481
I know I'm supposed to not be giving a sh!t about the games any more, and I largely don't, but if we beat Sheffield United on Friday and Leeds win then that will finish off Sheffield United's aspirations for automatic promotion, and we still owe those c*nts for 2003. Apparently they've got a bunch of key players including Billy Sharp out for the game as well.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #482
I know I'm supposed to not be giving a sh!t about the games any more, and I largely don't, but if we beat Sheffield United on Friday and Leeds win then that will finish off Sheffield United's aspirations for automatic promotion, and we still owe those c*nts for 2003. Apparently they've got a bunch of key players including Billy Sharp out for the game as well.

And f*cking Leeds go up, so f*ck it.

Reply #483
And f*cking Leeds go up, so f*ck it.

Leeds are fine. They're a proper club. Sheffield United are not, they're a sh!thouse who ruined our best season in 20 years. There's a reason that our fans sing about Sheffield United and not Leeds.

Reply #485
f*ck Leeds. I'd rather Sheff U go up. Leeds have a chance of staying there. Sheff U do not

Reply #486
f*ck Leeds. I'd rather Sheff U go up. Leeds have a chance of staying there. Sheff U do not

Sheffield United gave me the single worst experience of my life as a Forest fan. f*ck Sheffield United forever.

Reply #487
There is that to be fair. I really despise both of them.

I'm actually going to be in Sheffield this weekend, but with the game being a bit pointless from our perspective I'm going to watch it in a pub

Reply #488
There is that to be fair. I really despise both of them.

I'm actually going to be in Sheffield this weekend, but with the game being a bit pointless from our perspective I'm going to watch it in a pub

It's on at 7:30am here. The chances of me getting up on a bank holiday at 7:30am to watch are around nine tenths of f*ck all.

Reply #489
I read somewhere that someone called him a paedophile, although I haven't seen the post in question.

I can't really work 'Tails' out. When he first started to cover us you could tell he disliked us and didn't hide his love of Notts. I thought he then hid this better but recently seems to enjoy us failing.

He's arrogant but doesn't deserve the level of abuse he gets, but then neither do most on Twitter.

Reply #490
I follow him, and see most of what he posts I think. It all seems fairly anodyne. I certainly don't detect any dislike of Forest or bias towards County. Weird.

Reply #491
Tayls is a decent bloke (I was sat next to him at Hillsborough last week actually, having been sat next to Natalie "how's Billiez" Jackson at Rovrum), doing the best he can in an increasingly difficult world as a dedicated club reporter.
Everything is so controlled by the PR men now and footballers are much more media savvy, so, it's hard to get good, exclusive stuff, so increasingly it's opinions and comment. Which people enjoy disagreeing with...
Believe me, he is one of the few County fans who want Forest to do well (who wouldn't prefer visiting Old Trafford and the Emirates and the like rather than Rovrum and Brentford if you're being paid for it?)

Reply #492
One of my football friends is big mates with the tails, predominantly through mrs tails (fnar).  He assures me he's great, and has loads of great info....yet I often seem to do as well with reading of the runes and guesswork.  My personal jury is out. I mean he's fine.  the standard of local journos is not high, generally, and he's better not worst than most. I just don't hang on his every word.

Reply #493
Exactly. I don't see what there is about him to get people frothing at the mouth.