Skip to main content
Topic: City Ground: The not very big game, but it's massive for us.... (Read 510 times) previous topic - next topic

City Ground: The not very big game, but it's massive for us....

So, Monday 8th (tomorrow!), we've hired the City Ground for a one off game.

I shall be managing 'reds', against 'golds'...and may have a run out later on in the game.

It's a 6pm kick off, and spectators entry is free. It will not be the most edifying spectacle, but might be amusing to see how a big pitch defeats a bunch of old-slow-neverhasbeens. You can also give me dogs abuse from behind the dugout, and say hello after, if you want.

I'm not saying it will be a dream day out, but I'm mentioning it because some of you might fancy the chance to potter around the city ground on a non-match day, and take the chance to say hello if you've not met me before.

We will be playing on a championship pitch.  Getthef*ckin.

Re: City Ground: The not very big game, but it's massive for us....

Reply #1
If I wasn't due to have knee surgery in the next three weeks I would absolutely have loved that!

Maybe if you don't fcuk the pitch up you can do it next year.

Chicago: jealous!
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #2
I don't think it's offered every year...it's more because they are re-laying it this close season (I think).

...and because the club is potless.

...by all accounts from those who, ahem, performed a pitch inspection on it today, it's bone hard.  I suspect it's pretty compacted and very much at end of life.

It may well be a sub-meggo like spectacle, as I don't imagine for a moment they will water it for us, so it will be hard to get the ball pinging around, even if we could get on the other end of passes.

Reply #3

It may well be a sub-meggo like spectacle, as I don't imagine for a moment they will water it for us, so it will be hard to get the ball pinging around, even if we could get on the other end of passes.

Is Meggo going to be there coaching DJ in NFL in the car park?

If not, I'm not sure....
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #4
No live stream?

Reply #5
Hardly any live players.

Reply #6
In exciting news, regarding coverage, we've just received this notification from the club....
photographers and spectators will be advised to enter through the corner of Main stand and the Trent end. This is accessible from the main stand car park

So, as you were then.

I'm about to set off. Two and a half hours until kick-off, and hour and a half until our meet.....I'm off to get some snap, and hopefully some new ankle supports.

Reply #7
If you don't have a beer before kick off I will be bitterly disappointed.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #8
Tricky's being worryingly quiet this morning.

Did he survive the game or was he quietly patio'd?
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #9
Would take a few slabs.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.