Skip to main content
Topic: Beer and wine thread (Read 5107 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Beer thread

Reply #15
You should try fevertree ginger beer with a splash of angostura bitters and some fizzy water. That's what my now teetotal father in law drinks instead of beer. It's good.

Reply #16
Meh. To be honest I don't really go for 'substitutes'.

I just opt for the intravenous administration of hard Class A narcotics, instead.*

*not really. 
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #17
Thatchers for moi
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #18
Is that a beer?

Reply #19
Can we somehow block Sean from this thread?

Reply #20
Why?

I still frequent pubs in a social capacity. I just don't drink alcohol.

The notion or sight of another person consuming beer / wine / spirits doesn't bring me out in convulsions and  / or an irresistible compulsion to drink myself into oblivion, you know.

Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #21

My current favourite is Citra from Oakham Ales.

On of my favourites in bottles, but find it no so good fro Keg.
Also try their Scarlet macaw, a slightly darker pale ale with Amarillo & Summit hops. Very good.

Reply #22
The Harbour Special from here is indeed special.

Reply #23
Clients are taking me to the Tynedale beer festival (Northumberland) again this year. The only problem with it is that after about 6 halves, everything starts to taste the same...

Reply #25
Doom Bar is not, repeat not, a craft beer. But the marketing would have you think so. Its brewer is owned by Molson Coors.

Reply #26

Doom Bar is not, repeat not, a craft beer. But the marketing would have you think so. Its brewer is owned by Molson Coors.

But it's drinkable. Cornwall is very good at beer. St Austell isn't as craft as they make out but still some decent beer. I particularly like their HSD, known locally as High Speed Death. Not their strongest at 5% I think but somehow gets you pissed quick. I'm staying just across the river from Fowey at the moment. They have a new brewery http://www.foweyriverbrewing.co.uk/. I sampled the other night and they were very good. One of my old neighbours runs a craft brewery which is excellent. He has his standards which makes the money but he also makes beers that amuse him on the day. He did a Saffron beer which was incredible but he cant be arsed making it anymore. Ticketybrew We had a street party, before I knew he ran a brewery or knew him much. He stuck a cask outside his house which I assumed was shonky home brew. I had a pint of it. It was his pale ale. My reaction to the first mouthful was "f*ck me, that's gorgeous".

Reply #27
Doom Bar isn't craft ale. It's ale. It's been in supermarkets for about 10 years!

Reply #28

The notion or sight of another person consuming beer / wine / spirits doesn't bring me out in convulsions and  / or an irresistible compulsion to drink myself into oblivion, you know.

Stop f*cking doing it then, you prick.