Skip to main content
Topic: Beer and wine thread (Read 5109 times) previous topic - next topic

Beer and wine thread

Strange absence of a beer thread on talkback.

Currently I am enjoying Adnams' Ghost Ship pale ale, which you can get in cans from Tesco at about £5 for 4. It's a nice beer.

My friend works with the St Andews Brewing Company and they have some good beers, my favourite being  'Crail Ale'.

I've just opened a bottle of Black Sheep to drink whilst cooking dinner.

Re: Beer thread

Reply #2
I still get Waterloo Triple Blond and Tripel Karmeliet shipped over from Belgium. It has totally ruined drinking standard / pub lager though.

Reply #3
I tried a ghost ship from sainsburys last week. In a bottle though.  Yes, a good un.  I also like the harbour IPA that they do.

Reply #5

Currently I am enjoying Adnams' Ghost Ship pale ale, which you can get in cans from Tesco at about £5 for 4. It's a nice beer.

They do that in mini-kegs also, but it's slightly too bitter for me. My current favourite is Sharp's Atlantic Pale Ale. They do it at Mozza's, four bottles for a fiver - although you can mix and match of course. It's a belter (or balter as my Stokie in-laws would say).

I prefer Broadside to Ghost Ship on the Adnam's front.

Reply #6
Another Broadside fan here. Although my current favourite is Hobgoblin.

Reply #7
I really like Broadside, and the standard Adnams bitter, but I thought I would give Ghost Ship a try and it's great.

If you can ever get your hands on Corncrake by Orkney Brewery, which is widely available in supermarkets up here, then do. It's my absolute favourite.

Reply #8
My current favourite is Citra from Oakham Ales.

Reply #9
They have that on tap in my local quite often, and it's a  good 'un.

Reply #10
I like almost all beers but at the moment I am particularly partial to Poacher's Choice and Blandford Flyer, both from Badger ales.

Reply #11
Punk IPA for me. Big fan of this new thing for craft ale's. Also like Beavertown, Camden Pale Ale, Greenwich Meantime and Yakima Red.

How growing up I thought that Fosters Carling and Kronenberg were good I'll never know.

Reply #12
Another vote for Adnams here. Had a couple of pints (forget which) on Monday and again realised what a limited beer pilsner is.

Reply #13
Curious Brew

Reply #14
Roses Lime Cordial and any fizzy soda water.

What?
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.