Skip to main content
Topic: Bon Soir, monsieur. (Read 5333 times) previous topic - next topic

Bon Soir, monsieur.

Zut Allors, le grand fromage est Mort.

Well not exactly dead, but dead to us. So long Philippe Montanier, and thanks for all the cheese. You operated with good humour and dignity from an impossible position. We will never know what might have been.

I wish you well. In fact I wish you better than us. As a man you won us over. As a coach its hard to say.

Bon chance!

Re: Bon Soir, monsieur.

Reply #1
Probably the most likeable all-round bloke we have had as manager, and thats not a slight on some of the other good egg's we have had.

Shame it didn't work out. I am absolutely confident that we never really saw what he could do, due to all the madness. Under different circumstances, a proper structure and provided with better players and not having key pieces sold from under him, would have been good to see. Mind you, I often wished we could have seen Dougie with Antonio rampaging down the wing and providing service to a fit Britt and Oliviera, so it's hardly new territory to feel sympathetic to the environment these guys have to work.

I think if I was stood at the bar next to him tonight, my general sentiments would be 'You are a great guy, and are better off away from all this sh!t'.

Really hope he goes onto much greater things now.

Now, lets get a grizzled c*nt of a manager now who we don't care about discarding whenever the club is eventually sold.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #2
Yes. A megson. That's the the answer.

Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #3
Sexy phil and Lans (probably) gone.  No sexy b@stards left.  We need a monster now.  Someone who can get this team to bully others.  No time for sentiment let's bludgeon teams until we are safe and then get Keegan in just for sh!ts and giggles.

No idea who is coming but I do not want Brazil as he was beyond dreadful.

Goodbye Mr. Cheeseman!

Chicago:  losing my sexy.

Ps.  Not megson ever!
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #4
Seriously he did come across a gent but was lost in division 2. Not able to handle the aggressive playing style and seemed to struggle to play players in their best position. Worked under difficult circumstances as well. We are f*cked with Gary Brazil though, he was f*cking dreadful last time. If we haven't got a replacement then we may as well stick with PM.

Reply #5
Just to be clear; that Billiez bridge WAS properly burned, wasn't it? I mean, properly destroyed with no means of rebuilding?

Just checking, like.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #6
Alan Stubbs? Failed at Rotheringham but did well with Hibs. May be keen enough to ignore the pitfalls of working with a nutter.

Reply #7
I don't think he really knew or understood the league that well, but he was smart and affable, he had a positive approach to the game and with the right support and some time he may have shown himself to be a good coach. Of course, that was never going to happen and he was utterly doomed from the moment Pedro left and the club it all started going even more mental that it already was (perhaps even from the moment Burke left). A bit of a shame.  As others have said, I hope he goes on to good things elsewhere.

As for his replacement, the simple truth is now that the only person we are going to get to step in is someone desperate - and that means woefully underqualified and looking for a break they may not get anywhere else, or someone whose career is already well and truly f*cked and is unemployable elsewhere and needs the money. Or a certifiable nut job with no shame.

There are probably quite a lot of people in those categories.
What do I know anyway.

Reply #8
If we were in a poach-y kind of mood, I would look at Uwe Rosler, currently manager of Fleetwood Town. Outstanding record and his only blemish was 12 games at Leeds. Only issue is he is another 'nice guy' and he may be nervy about working for another Cellino.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #9
Out of interest, in the fawaz era how does LGF do in the table of length in job and points per game?

Reply #10

Out of interest, in the fawaz era how does LGF do in the table of length in job and points per game?

PM - 30 games, 30% win%
Dougie - 57 games, 33%
Pearce - 32 games, 31%
Davies - 60 games, 42%
SOD - 26 games, 38%

Reply #11

If we were in a poach-y kind of mood, I would look at Uwe Rosler, currently manager of Fleetwood Town. Outstanding record and his only blemish was 12 games at Leeds. Only issue is he is another 'nice guy' and he may be nervy about working for another Cellino.

He was also rubbish at Wigan. But anyway, why would he turn down a stable job at Fleetwood for 6 months (if lucky) of potentially career ending chaos with us?

I see Collymore is doing his usual let me help out and assemble a backroom team for you thing.  Let him!
What do I know anyway.

Reply #12

He was also rubbish at Wigan.

Semi final of the FA Cup. Championship play-offs and a 40% win rate is the kind of rubbish I can live with.

But anyway, why would he turn down a stable job at Fleetwood for 6 months (if lucky) of potentially career ending chaos with us?

Because he is massively ambitious and Forest - if he got it right (and lets face it many managers will think they can from outside) would be a better stepping stone to the PL than managing in L1 at the 5,000 capacity Fleetwood stadium. And money, even if it is compensation.

Reply #13

(and lets face it many managers will think they can from the outside)

Dave, I think the secret is finally out now: there might be one or two issues at the club which could prevent any manager being successful.
What do I know anyway.

Reply #14
It'll be Jimmy Floyd. Or Darren Ferguson.