Skip to main content
Topic: Things I can't say on Facebook (Read 17174 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Things I can't say on Facebook

Reply #420
Rebrand to Babe Rave and watch the convictions roll in!
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #421
Hi Sexy wot u wearin?

Reply #422
Has EBP still got an account? PM him.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #423
Quite agree.

Why you would want to spend your life pretending to be a child talking to some older man who likely has all sorts of vulnerabilities is beyond me. I think the ‘hunters’ are just inadequates so it gives them some sort of status in life from all the quality comments they receive on tw@tbook.

Can’t really blame the police though as not sure what else they can do.

Yes, I once spent an evening getting slowly enraged looking at one of these 'hunters' pages on facebook. It was pretty obvious that most of their 'targets' were vulnerable people themselves and the entrapment techniques were clearly creepy. It was also noticeable that the 'hunters' were of a certain type themselves - think BNP/ex-bouncer types. The 'send 'em back' type basically.

One guy who was challenged pointed out to the 'hunter' that he never thought he was actually talking to a 12 year old because the site in question had an age restriction of 18+ to become a member...

There is actually a guy locally to me here, who clearly has issues and seemingly has a mental age reflecting the kind of person they thought they were connecting to, who has been hounded mercilessly due to these 'hunters', exposed on facebook including where he lives and with a myriad of comments underneath from quad-bike-riding-knuckle draggers about how they are going to stove his face in when they see him, and being egged on by keyboard warriors talking about how he is scum and they should 'clean our streets up'. It's only a matter of time before there are suicides as a result of all this.

I'm not one for censorship usually, but I wish facebook wouldn't give these arseholes bandwidth, and wish the police would be more dismissive of this sort of behaviour, as even vaguely playing along just fuels this crap.

The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #424
Although I haven't known him well for years, I'm friends on Facebook with a guy about 4 years younger than me who used to live next door when we were kids. Today's his birthday, which obviously means lots of people have sent messages. Because our parents are close friends, I'm aware that he's, basically, been dying of skin cancer for about the last five months and, knowing that, some of those messages look in unintentionally poor taste.

Reply #425
The way that some people (Aussies? Americans? Maybe everyone but non-Brits?) refer to football teams and games. For example ......

"If England beats Sweden I'm going to be very happy"
(Should be 'beat')

"Is England going to win the world cup?"
(Should be 'Are')

Reply #426
'What if England loose to Sweden?'

(should be exterminated)

Reply #427
The way that some people (Aussies? Americans? Maybe everyone but non-Brits?) refer to football teams and games. For example ......

"If England beats Sweden I'm going to be very happy"
(Should be 'beat')

"Is England going to win the world cup?"
(Should be 'Are')

Both are entirely acceptable.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #428
You would say that

Reply #429
You would say that

Because it's right.

England are playing well.
England is playing well.
The England team are playing well.
The England team is playing well.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #430
I'm with Jim, is sounds like a landmass attempting sport.

Reply #431
England is a singular noun, therefore 'is' and 'beats' is grammatically correct.

It's just that common parlance allows 'are' and 'beat' as colloquially acceptable.

Can't say I have a problem with either.

Reply #432
When referring to England, it is a collective noun. This can be singular or plural. Americans go for singular, so plural is more correct.

Reply #433
Forest is going to win the league.

Reply #434
"I'm not going to lie" = I'm going to empty my tiny little mind of all intolerances