Skip to main content
Topic: Attention Russ...... (Read 265 times) previous topic - next topic

Attention Russ......

It seems that Microsoft has made the Outlook-online/office365 user interface even worse with the latest iteration.  Incredible but true.  It's atrocious, and now comes complete with authentic sporadic microslow log in errors. Almost unusable.Their stuff really is a big f*ck you to the end user who pays, purely to prioritise a monitised platform for paid for applications and SAAS.

There is a serious move for corporates to look at chrome-OS now, with google nailing it down, and withdrawing support for useful features (like app support) on all the open source platforms.

Yes.  That's right. Windows and it's surrounding infrastructure is now so bad, that it might start to lose massive market share to chrome. There is massive enterprise resistance to windows 10, and with apps (ie the android stuff) chome-os is easier to develop for, and has a wider applications support than anything else.

It's a shame the b@stards have kyboshed it on other platforms, because things like cub with chrome were ace.....but google have withdrawn the app support from all but chrome-os (ie comes with a chromebook).

Re: Attention Russ......

Reply #1
Cub maintains its Ubuntu base though, which means it still sh!ts all over Chrome OS.

Re: Attention Russ......

Reply #2

Cub maintains its Ubuntu base though, which means it still sh!ts all over Chrome OS.

Yes it does....but if it loses chrome apps, then it might as well be any other ubuntu based distribution. I have cub on both of my laptops, and I use it on my desktop in a virtual machine to manage my google apps. Without the chrome apps I can choose any targetted distribution that supports chromium to do as much as cub can do...but better honed for a specific purpose.

It will be very interesting to see if they come up with an angle, or have a valid direction to go in.  I think it's a one man band, who does an absolutely fantastic job......but it's hard to see what the niche will be when it's just ubuntu+chromium+wallpaper.  Google has taken steps to absolutely nail down it's enterprise advantages.