Skip to main content
Topic: Them there t'other clubs (Read 890450 times) previous topic - next topic
Jose M and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Them there t'other clubs

Reply #13068
I'm watching Brechin v Darvel in the Scottish Cup third round via t'interweb. It's not great.

Reply #13069
Injury time winner. Jolly bad luck, d*rby.
We're less sh!t and we know we are.

Reply #13070
Would have preferred the draw, but an injury time heartbreaker for d*rby is acceptable.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #13071

I shall sound the contractual @noodlé‍ alarm, on this for now.

No need. You summed it up perfectly.

The problem of what to do is very real. The alternatives are not easy..  but the system chosen is the most corrupt one that was available and it is plainly not delivering a sustainable EFL. Now excuse me while I go and weep for all those players who may no longer be able to earn PL wages in the years after they have objectively shown themselves to be not good enough to play there.

FFP next, followed by reform of the penalties for going into administration to better protect small and unsecured creditors. Kthxbhe.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #13072
The live commentary from the d*rby game featured this brilliantly gay picture:

They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #13073
I'm watching Brechin v Darvel in the Scottish Cup third round via t'interweb. It's not great.

Once the pundits said, pre match, "I'm looking forward to a really good game", I turned it off.

Reply #13074
Caught some of the Lionesses game tonight and was reminded by a friend of the time we were on the wrong end of a 20-0 reverse. At approx u14 level, bottom of the 3rd, without a point in 18 months we had recently made the Evening Post on account of appalling goal difference. Our manager entered into a cup competition we had recently become eligible for featuring our age group and the year above. Inevitably we drew a top side from the upper age group. Our team was about as wet, white and middle class as was possible. Our keeper was the smallest boy on the pitch, and in a full sized goal. Everything they hit went in, we didn't dare cross the halfway line on the rare opportunity we got near it and by the end I think even the opposition pittied us.
I think most of you are the thick dumb tw@ts.

Reply #13075
It's a weird old thing where former Man City youth players are suing the club for the abuse they suffered from Barry Bennell, and the club has called Bennell - a convicted paedophile - as a witness, to say the claims are exaggerated and that his paedo-ing didn't occur in connection with Man City.

Someone at the club signed off this litigation strategy, which seems eccentric at best. Repulsive at worst. Terrible PR either way. Imagine if your child is currently thinking about joining the City academy, and you see the club behaving like this?

Reply #13076
This is pretty funny.

Leeds have lost vast amounts of money over the last two decades but their directors have been paid well notwithstanding. Any attempt to reverse that situation must be Marxism.

Reply #13077
It seems to have become fashionable to stop games when a fan becomes ill. Stoppages at Watford and Southampton tonight.

Notts games could take a few days to complete if this carries on.

Reply #13078
Aberdeen FC sold 13000 season tickets this season.

Now, the weather has been terrible and lots of homes in the area were or still are without power. But.....

The total attendance for their home win over Livingston tonight was 6200. The First Division of Scottish Fitba.

Reply #13079
only 4 clubs in the premiership have a positive goal difference.