Skip to main content
Topic: Them there t'other clubs (Read 831945 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Them there t'other clubs

Reply #12480
Our solid revenue generating machine is losing money, out of FFP latitude, and has run the squad down to garbage level.

Those resources have been squandered with the wrong plan, poorly executed.

Maybe. But we're sitting on a couple of 10M assets ready to be cashed in (if reports are to be believed), with a bunch of other players who we have grown from seedlings who have value as both saleable assets and as first team players for us - the performance of the Academies is the difference between d*rby and Forest today, IMO. If they'd been able to sell a Cash and a Burke and an Appiah in the last few years, they probably wouldn't be where they are.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #12481
So what you are saying, is that we've got ourselves to a stage where we are a decent feeder club for the likes of Brentford?
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #12482
So what you are saying, is that we've got ourselves to a stage where we are a decent feeder club for the likes of Brentford?

Yes. And if we can figure out how to blend the products we're creating with a few astute signings, we'll rapidly overtake them. Because a club that both creates and acquires has to be stronger than one that only does one of those things.

Reply #12483
That presupposes that we create a higher value, than they develop after aquisition. We don't.

Our numbers will get worse if we drop a division, which we might. Their numbers have got at least a degree of magnitude better having gone to the show, and the attendent riches.

That's a lot of theoretical catch up, for a club with a solid track record of way worse than average. Our squad is garbage. That's the measure. Theirs   isn't. 

Reply #12484
That presupposes that we create a higher value, than they develop after aquisition. We don't.

Our numbers will get worse if we drop a division, which we might. Their numbers have got at least a degree of magnitude better having gone to the show, and the attendent riches.

That's a lot of theoretical catch up, for a club with a solid track record of way worse than average. Our squad is garbage. That's the measure. Theirs   isn't. 

They applied a Premier League model in the Championship. That usually doesn't work unless you have a sh!t ton of cash to cover the failures (parachute payments) or you nail every single one (Brentford).

Now they're applying a Premier League model in the Premier League. Against teams who do the same thing as them, but on a massively bigger scale. They're on loan there, and they're going to have a big crash at some point. When they do, they have nothing to fall back on.

I would 100% rather be us than Brentford.

Reply #12485
It costs us north of 10 mil, to stay in the championship. They haven't gone mad   and can net a 100 mil this year, with a guarantee of more than twice our   possible income for several years, even if they are relegated (they most likely wont be, they are not just competive, they are good).

Either you can't do sums, or you've lost your mind.

Reply #12486
They applied a Premier League model in the Championship. That usually doesn't work unless you have a sh!t ton of cash to cover the failures (parachute payments) or you nail every single one (Brentford).

Now they're applying a Premier League model in the Premier League. Against teams who do the same thing as them, but on a massively bigger scale. They're on loan there, and they're going to have a big crash at some point. When they do, they have nothing to fall back on.

I would 100% rather be us than Brentford.

It's easy to say that a well run Forest is a better than a well run Brentford, because we are a bigger club than Brentford. The reality though is that they have built a plan based on their specific expertise to maximise their returns. We haven't even begun to think about it. So yes, if we ever figure this stuff out and then are prepared to give it the time that it needs to turn us around we should in a few years be in a better position to challenge than Brentford, we have not shown in over 20 years a capacity to do either of those things, but maybe one day we will. In the meantime a host of other clubs have and have gone past us.

Reply #12488
There's a very sad background to that, it isn't (I don't think) a Forest/d*rby thing.

Sharp and his partner very tragically lost a son, Luey Jacob, born with gastroschisis, who died at two days old in 2011. Amongst a range of disgusting abuse he suffered as a result of it, a 'fan' was given a lifetime ban by d*rby for abusive trolling of him regarding the death of his son, in 2017.

d*rby fans regularly give him stick.

What a world.

Reply #12489
There's a very sad background to that, it isn't (I don't think) a Forest/d*rby thing.

Sharp and his partner very tragically lost a son, Luey Jacob, born with gastroschisis, who died at two days old in 2011. Amongst a range of disgusting abuse he suffered as a result of it, a 'fan' was given a lifetime ban by d*rby for abusive trolling of him regarding the death of his son, in 2017.

What a world.

It’s not quite the same thing but plenty of our fans find that idiot from d*rby burning his family to death hilarious.

Reply #12490

Sharp and his partner very tragically lost a son, Luey Jacob, born with gastroschisis, who died at two days old in 2011. Amongst a range of disgusting abuse he suffered as a result of it, a 'fan' was given a lifetime ban by d*rby for abusive trolling of him regarding the death of his son, in 2017.

What a world.

I remember reading about that sad incident. I didn't realise d*rby fans had been so unpleasant to him.

Reply #12491
I don't believe it was anything to do with his son; apparently they were singing "d*rby fans are on a bender, Billy Sharp's a sex offender". I have no idea why.

Reply #12492
I don't believe it was anything to do with his son; apparently they were singing "d*rby fans are on a bender, Billy Sharp's a sex offender". I have no idea why.
I wasn't suggesting that it was specifically related to that event, on this occasion. Merely pointing out the abusive form that they have, continue to have, and why he particularly enjoys sticking it to them.

Reply #12493
Sheep fired Steve McClaren who was apparently their Technical Director. Presumably the first of a long list of cuts we'll see coming.

Reply #12494
We didn’t see the c*nt coming last time….

Oh.