Skip to main content
Topic: Them there t'other clubs (Read 831976 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Them there t'other clubs

Reply #11986
Can’t afford to sack their overpaid and underperforming manager? Make a case of gross misconduct.

I don’t want him gone, even this close to the season. They might end up with someone competent.

Reply #11988
Can’t afford to sack their overpaid and underperforming manager? Make a case of gross misconduct.

I don’t want him gone, even this close to the season. They might end up with someone competent.

It’s hardly an attractive prospect. Might get lucky with an up-and-comer who sees it as a free hit with no expectations.. but the only established names are going to be people who are available for very good reasons… WMD-level reasons.

To be honest, if I were them, I’d probably see WMD a pretty good shout. Better than Rooney, anyway. Is he really paid 4.5m? A year? f*ck.. even if that is over his contract that is insane. He’s a rookie manager and I can’t believe the Rooney brand brings in all that much value for a sh!t second division team.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #11989
It’s hardly an attractive prospect. Might get lucky with an up-and-comer who sees it as a free hit with no expectations.. but the only established names are going to be people who are available for very good reasons… WMD-level reasons.

To be honest, if I were them, I’d probably see WMD a pretty good shout. Better than Rooney, anyway. Is he really paid 4.5m? A year? f*ck.. even if that is over his contract that is insane. He’s a rookie manager and I can’t believe the Rooney brand brings in all that much value for a sh!t second division team.

It doesn't...it brings in that value for 32Red, the gambling outfit that, I believe, are bankrolling the endeavour.

It would be very interesting to see the nature of that relationship as reflected in those accounts that d*rby appear not to want to do.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #11990

It doesn't...it brings in that value for 32Red, the gambling outfit that, I believe, are bankrolling the endeavour.

It would be very interesting to see the nature of that relationship as reflected in those accounts that d*rby appear not to want to do.

I can see the attraction for 32Red to be on the shirt of and therefore have an association with England and Manchester United's all time leading goalscorer. An overweight, somewhat pitiable manager at the bottom end of the second division? Not so much.

Reply #11991
I can see the attraction for 32Red to be on the shirt of and therefore have an association with England and Manchester United's all time leading goalscorer. An overweight, somewhat pitiable manager at the bottom end of the second division? Not so much.

What you and I can see is neither here nor there. It strikes me that this is an entirely more plausible explanation of the observable phenomena than potless morris deciding to spunk £4.5 m a year on an obviously inappropriate manager for their circumstances.

This is football. Think of the money...although good old straightforward moronic celeb-bumming is not an impossibility.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #11992
Rooney, whose side start the Championship season at home to Huddersfield on 7 August, is without a recognised centre-back, though the former Sheffield United defenders Phil Jagielka and Richard Stearman are among players on trial.

This is the best preseason ever

Reply #11993

What you and I can see is neither here nor there. It strikes me that this is an entirely more plausible explanation of the observable phenomena than potless morris deciding to spunk £4.5 m a year on an obviously inappropriate manager for their circumstances.

This is football. Think of the money...although good old straightforward moronic celeb-bumming is not an impossibility.

You're probably right. Heck.. I can imagine the call last week 'yeah, Wayne.. we need to take the attention off how sh!t d*rby are, but in a way that will get shots of you in your 32Red training jersey in the papers anyway. We've booked you a hotel room and a ropey Instagram tart.. the driver will pick you up at 7.'
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #11994

Given how the deal is financed, it may be that there are brand considerations built into his contract i.e. conduct that reflects poorly on the brand gives them the ability to pull the plug.

Anyway, the latest hobo to wander into their training ground looking for a place to sleep for a few nights is Jack Wilshere.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #11995
Has Jermaine Penant turned up yet?

Reply #11996
I'm a little jealous at Wilshire.

Reply #11997
d*rby Telegraph reporting that he's not been training with them.

Reply #11998
I'm a little jealous at Wilshire.

Why? He's injury prone and a shadow of the prospect he once was. He wasn't good enough for Bournemouth last season, and he's played 57 games in the last 5 years scoring 1 goal.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #11999
Why? He's injury prone and a shadow of the prospect he once was. He wasn't good enough for Bournemouth last season, and he's played 57 games in the last 5 years scoring 1 goal.
I think he meant his missus.
But Wilshere and Ravel Morrison in the middle of midfield could be awesome...