Skip to main content
Topic: The Plague, 2020/21 (Read 248005 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Plague, 2020/21

Reply #8085
I read that the daily infection stats for Eng exclude second infections, which seem to be substantial.  Dont know how the other nations approach this.

Reply #8086
I read that the daily infection stats for Eng exclude second infections, which seem to be substantial.  Dont know how the other nations approach this.
  It has to with the amount of infections. In Doncaster we are almost 1k per 100k and have been for a while. I reckon if you count the cases since March 2020 around half the population of the Doncaster Borough has had covid. Whilst I know of many who have had it, I know more who havnt ever been infected. I do  know a couple of colleagues who are off with positive PCRs who had it the same time as me last November. Incidentally  both  double jabbed. No real illness but temperatures and snotty noses.

Reply #8087
/
As harsh as it is.. what they do is turn a virus that would kill an unacceptable number of people into one, much like all the others we don’t lock down for, that will restrict itself to killing an acceptable number of people.

I'm not sure we know enough about long covid to really say this yet.

Reply #8088
I’ve been doing a lot of work on long COVID these last few weeks. I now know a lot more and it’s quite worrying. It is a major thing with demonstrable damage to the brain, lung, heart and kidney. They are changes on MRI in 70% of people 6 months after leaving hospital and probably 10-20% who didn’t go into hospital. So this could chronically affect a very large number of people.

The JCVI recommendations about not vaccinating 12-18 do not take this into account which is insane. If the younger generation is not lost because of a sh!te economy which has been exacerbated by Brexit, then 1 in 5 could be f*cked as they will be too sick to work.

Reply #8089
I’ve been doing a lot of work on long COVID these last few weeks. I now know a lot more and it’s quite worrying. It is a major thing with demonstrable damage to the brain, lung, heart and kidney. They are changes on MRI in 70% of people 6 months after leaving hospital and probably 10-20% who didn’t go into hospital. So this could chronically affect a very large number of people.

The JCVI recommendations about not vaccinating 12-18 do not take this into account which is insane. If the younger generation is not lost because of a sh!te economy which has been exacerbated by Brexit, then 1 in 5 could be f*cked as they will be too sick to work.

I assume it’s too early to get a steer on how much being vaccinated reduces the damage? Or are the microchip trackers already sending back real-time data?
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #8090
That's really awful, if not unforseen, news.

Depressing not least because its another thing that will hit us unnecessarily hard, given the intentional disregard for public safety, through the 'make it rip' policy.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #8091

You and your fellow researchers with extensive qualifications and knowledge must be wrong as a Tory MP said long Covid is all in the mind.

Reply #8092
So, given the lag between infections and positive cases, looks like the covid infections started to drop off almost exactly on the final whistle of the European Champs. How surprising.

Reply #8093

Guru.  Quick question.  As you know vaccinated people can still catch COVID but are less likely to get very sick or die from it.  What effect do you know or have found on infected vaccinated if any has there been.  Has it protected us from long term damage or is there still damage. Obviously avoiding getting it is the best way to go but it seems inevitable that we are all at some time going to get it.  This could have catastrophic consequences for my wife who refuses the second vaccine.  Any thoughts or data that I should look at?

Chicago: Quite worried.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #8094
The CDC is expected to recommend that masks be worn inside again to combat the delta variant.. masks on

Reply #8095
The CDC is expected to recommend that masks be worn inside again to combat the delta variant.. masks on

We're still mandated to wear masks despite having about the highest vaccination rate in the world. Earliest they'll drop the mandate is probably another two weeks, depending upon hitting further vax targets.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #8096
Pinged

Reply #8098
This is a problem of education and trust in public institutions. It's a grave problem for democratic countries

- some of your population would rather believe random sh!t they read on the internet?! Act now. No - now  -

but it can't even be addressed in the UK, with the present government in power.

Reply #8099
There’s something in that article about this fella having a Cambridge University degree.

I mean, a Cambridge degree does not exclude ultimate f*ckwittery but poor education is not the issue in this case.