Skip to main content
Topic: The Plague, 2020/21 (Read 229996 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Plague, 2020/21

Reply #8070
Wife tested positive, both kids sent home from school as positive cases in each class. I now have to tell work I can't do much for next 10 days as kids need to be looked after.
It's bloody everywhere right now

Reply #8071
Hope all are okay. Have just sent out the invites for football on thursday.....more than a few have replied that they are isolating...first time so many at once.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #8072
Two previous employers have contacted me to see if I can work due to staff shortages.  I can't I have a job and a commitment to Patient transport.

Reply #8073
Meanwhile in places where a single case of Covid has everyone sh!tting themselves (but still not getting vaccinated) forced hotel quarantine for being at an exposure site.

Awesome way to encourage people to check in to venues and come forward for testing if required. Daft c*nts.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #8074
Now I have the virus, according to a lateral flow test. I didn't really need that to confirm it as I feel proper sh!te.
My boys class which usually has 29 kids in it, is down to 7.

Let it rip Boris you f*cktard

Reply #8075
It's bizarre that these Olympic Games are going ahead.

Reply #8076
Now I have the virus, according to a lateral flow test. I didn't really need that to confirm it as I feel proper sh!te.
My boys class which usually has 29 kids in it, is down to 7.

Let it rip Boris you f*cktard

This Freedom is brilliant.

Reply #8077
Covid cases are rampant in my area up to 990 per 100k which is the worse since the virus was discovered. Sage are pressing for another lockdown. Hospital rates have trebled in Doncaster. I'm no longer convinced the vaccines are working. I personally know a lady who has died after both vaccines. Only 55 with absolutely no underlying health issues. I lost my best mate a month ago and he had been jabbed twice, although he had a stent fitted so I suppose you can say he had health issues.

Reply #8078
Covid cases are rampant in my area up to 990 per 100k which is the worse since the virus was discovered. Sage are pressing for another lockdown. Hospital rates have trebled in Doncaster. I'm no longer convinced the vaccines are working. I personally know a lady who has died after both vaccines. Only 55 with absolutely no underlying health issues. I lost my best mate a month ago and he had been jabbed twice, although he had a stent fitted so I suppose you can say he had health issues.
Vaccines arent an absolute guarantee. If they are 99% effective, on a population of a million, 10,000 would still be at risk. And even though it does reduce the risk of severe cases there are still going to be some that get f*cked up. You don't hear about the ones who were thorougfhly protected because thats not an obvious story. You hear about where people do get infected because that IS a story

Reply #8079
Vaccines arent an absolute guarantee. If they are 99% effective, on a population of a million, 10,000 would still be at risk. And even though it does reduce the risk of severe cases there are still going to be some that get f*cked up. You don't hear about the ones who were thorougfhly protected because thats not an obvious story. You hear about where people do get infected because that IS a story

I am double jabbed and have covid now. I am grateful that the vaccines have probably stopped me getting the worst of this, but its still not nice at all. I was like a lot of people thinking that the vaccine almost stopped you getting it. Well that's a load of bollocks

Reply #8080

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1417853437912432653?s=21

The vaccines absolutely work. They are not a panacea, but they have been proven to be highly effective and have already saved 10s of thousands of lives in the UK alone.

Some people are still going to die though, just not as many as without the vaccine.

I’m sorry to hear about your friends passing. It is terrible luck to be double-jabbed and end up hospitalised or worse if you have no underlying issues.

Reply #8081
I was like a lot of people thinking that the vaccine almost stopped you getting it. Well that's a load of bollocks

No vaccine can stop you getting a virus, almost or otherwise. What they do is teach your immune system to attack the frigger if and when you bump into it. You're still likely to feel poorly while this happens but it gives you a much better chance of not getting seriously ill or worse.

Reply #8082
No vaccine can stop you getting a virus, almost or otherwise. What they do is teach your immune system to attack the frigger if and when you bump into it. You're still likely to feel poorly while this happens but it gives you a much better chance of not getting seriously ill or worse.

Oh I agree completely. But being vaccinated is getting mixed up with being immune, which it isn't. I watched some guy promoting latitude festival this morning promulgating exactly this viewpoint. He was saying it was the safest place in England as most people are double jabbed.

Reply #8083
Oh I agree completely. But being vaccinated is getting mixed up with being immune, which it isn't. I watched some guy promoting latitude festival this morning promulgating exactly this viewpoint. He was saying it was the safest place in England as most people are double jabbed.

Well it’s pretty safe for them then.

I understand that the  vaccines do lower the likelihood of infection to a useful degree and, presumably, they mean the body deals with it faster.. thus reducing transmission risk.. but nobody who understand vaccines ever said they would prevent infection/transmission.

As harsh as it is.. what they do is turn a virus that would kill an unacceptable number of people into one, much like all the others we don’t lock down for, that will restrict itself to killing an acceptable number of people.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #8084
Which is fine, but the failure of an adequate public health response, means that it's already killed an unacceptable number of people (more than were killed in the blitz), at a massive unnecessary and ongoing financial cost.

I recognise the right of society to make stupid choices. What I want to know is when idiots are going to start looking what continues to be done contrary to the interests of a society that they are so complacent about. When they are going to join the dots between actions and outcomes. I want to know how they are going to compensate me, my children, and their children's children, for their stupid choices that we are going to have to pay for. I want to know what they are going to do, to stop the bleeding. I want my rights back, and the chance to build a fair and prosperous society again.

I want scrutiny, accountability, and consequences.

What I don't want is to be told I'm wrong about all that in advance, and then with the benefit of hindsight when it all pans out, to be ignored. There are a great many people who have suffered unnecessarily, and will for the rest of their lives - where they are lucky enough to have a rest of their lives.

If we are free and civilised, we should be making it clear that it's not okay to say one thing, and do another. Not okay to be wrong on  every level. Not okay to just shrug and forget it. Not okay to bleed society of life and prosperity without consequences.

This government have stolen the lives of loved ones, the public purse, and the future prosperity of the country - which will not survive in it's current form. Under the cover of *virus*. *Well, vaccine* was never, and is not in any way, an adequate compensation for any of that. They have lied about their actions and intentions, at every turn.

Nobody understands or trusts the messaging, nobody is able to give a coherent response as an individual, because that requires a society level response...people are fighting for livelihoods, and are frantic, and are not protecting each other and building a sustainable future - on the back of destabilising propoganda. We are being forced between a rock and a hard place, to keep us meek, divided, and confused...so we don't look at what is being done.

The virus is far from our only problem, and a vaccine is not a solution for any of it.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.