Skip to main content
Topic: Or 'Cricket' ? 'Howzat!' maybe? JimShady is a bellend.  (Read 333661 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Or 'Cricket' ? 'Howzat!' maybe? JimShady is a bellend.

Reply #5670
But late to this.. but why is a game being called off because of Covid? Is it because India can’t field a fit side, or because there are still isolation mandates in place? If the latter.. why?.. are we doing that forever now? Or does the UK have a ‘roadmap’ to a point where that’s not a thing?
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #5671
But late to this.. but why is a game being called off because of Covid? Is it because India can’t field a fit side, or because there are still isolation mandates in place? If the latter.. why?.. are we doing that forever now? Or does the UK have a ‘roadmap’ to a point where that’s not a thing?

Don’t believe we have any laws in place about isolation. Unvaccinated contacts are supposed to isolate but I don’t think it’s a legal requirement but you’d think a high profile touring team would.

The story is they think players in the team might develop COVID during the test and have to withdraw.

Reply #5673
Might be a party in bolsover tonight

Reply #5674
Good of them to finish in time for me to run* to the wine shop.

*walk. It is uphill...
We're sh!t and we know we are.

Reply #5675
England have pulled out of the Pakistan tour.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #5676
Good win for Notts to end the season with.

Reply #5677
It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since Notts were what - 28 games without a red ball win? And supporters were calling for Moores to go.
Now he has a new contract.

Reply #5679
Probably the right decision for all sorts of reasons, including now that the captain likes to bowl himself a lot.

Reply #5680
I agree, broadly, with Mike Selvey:

"Congratulations Moeen Ali on a great Test career. Always willing. Ever ubiquitous. Always undervalued, underrated, derided and disrespected.Yet finished 84 runs short of 3000 and 5 wickets shy of 200. 5 Test hundreds,  a Test hattrick, and batted in every position from 1 to 9."

Reply #5681
This Bob Willis championship thing is ridiculous. You can't have a league competition, crown a winner, then have the top two play off and crown another winner (or probably the same winner, given events)

Either the league is the thing you are playing for, or the play-off is; but they can't both be.

Reply #5682
Cricket's Charity Shield, but at the end of the season.

Reply #5683
Had this argument last week in the pub, that it's just cricket disappearing up it's own arse, and that in the autumn it's stupid, and nobody really cares.

All part of the kill the long form, for me.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #5684
This Bob Willis championship thing is ridiculous. You can't have a league competition, crown a winner, then have the top two play off and crown another winner (or probably the same winner, given events)

Either the league is the thing you are playing for, or the play-off is; but they can't both be.

I hadn't understood this was happening until it happened. And also, the four-day Trophy Final at the very arse end of September? What are they thinking? The weather gods will have to be extremely kind.