Skip to main content
Topic: Gardeners' World (Read 37959 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Gardeners' World

Reply #525
It's a propane torch. It's no worse than cooking something on the BBQ.

I'm not sure it's in the same league. Half hour cooking a bit of meat compared with a madcap quest to set fire to a puddle.
I think most of you are the thick dumb tw@ts.

Reply #526
I've never been a big fan of roses, but gave in to Mrs Charlie and planted two climbers and a rambler in our new garden when we moved here. They are absof*ckinlutely fabulous.

In other garden news, the beans are doing well and we have a lot of salad leaves ready to pick.

In extra, extra garden news, we can't barbecue because I can't get hold of any 5kg patio gas canisters. And it's pissing down too, obvs.

Reply #527
Today's rain has saved me a mad dash around the garden watering pots and hanging baskets between Little Miss BW's bedtime and the football at 8pm, which is the most positive spin I can put on the fact it's been p*ssing it down all day.

Reply #528
In extra, extra garden news, we can't barbecue because I can't get hold of any 5kg patio gas canisters. And it's pissing down too, obvs.

Convert it to natural gas, run a line from the house to the outside wall, never worry about propane canisters again. I haven't looked back.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #529
Is that because if you did you might see your 'lawn'?

Reply #530
Convert it to natural gas, run a line from the house to the outside wall, never worry about propane canisters again. I haven't looked back.

Or alternatively learn to cook properly using wood and not have the unnecessary expense….

Reply #531
Best crop of runner beans I can remember.

Reply #532
Following last years successful autumn planting of sweet peas from the seeds of the 2020 batch I have planted approx. all of the 250 seeds I harvested back in august and sewn these along 2 sides of the garden. Being LMC it's a modest plot so that's pretty thick sewing, if a decent amount germinate and survive it should look f*cking hideous come next May.

Reply #533
It is not the most imaginative planting scheme I have ever heard of, Ingo. You could mix it up with some cosmos perhaps.

Reply #534
Weekend before last I noted the forecast for the coming days was mostly showery, so spent an afternoon listening to Forest while mowing, scarifying, raking and overseeding the lawns. One week and a fair bit of rain and sunshine later, and it's all growing back rather nicely.

I never gave a fcuk about this stuff a few years ago.

Reply #535
Growing old is great. No more stress chasing tits, fanny and forest, just mowing the lawn and enjoying it.

Reply #536
'Mowing the lawn' makes a great euphemism.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #537
I'm going to turn the compost later as well...

Reply #538
Half-dead compost causing you bother?

Reply #539
You can never be too careful.