• Out
  • Shake it all about
  • d)

Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 62570 times) previous topic - next topic

• karlmark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
This Europe Stuff
Instead of having to listen to racist fear-mongering from the anti-EU press and economic fear-mongering from the pro-EU side, I think we should have a legally binding vote on Talkback and ignore the next four months.

A short question with a big answer...

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: This Europe Stuff
Reply #1
In - I'm slightly more concerned about the economic risks of leaving than I am racist about the prospect of being overrun by Turks.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Indeed, if only for the increase in kebab shops.

Reply #3
I don't have the understanding  to make a nuanced economic case, but Farage and his ilk are c*nts.

• charlie
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I'm a natural 'in' voter but must admit to having a few reservations and am undecided at the moment, although if the outers are led by Farage and Boris Johnson I'll be voting to stay. I think the polls will go up and down like a whore on ubuntu over the next few months. Another big migration over the summer could swing it for the outers.

• Chicago
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5

I am not anti europe per se but I have always felt that they have tried to shaft us every which way but loose.  I still miss calling Marathons Marathon and a few other things.  Also I miss gallons for some weird reason.  And the size of certain apples and trade restrictions and the like.  I wish those cnuts would just accept that British like things a certain way and would be happy to trade with them if they weren't so fcuking bolshy about everything.

Chicago: Not back yet.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #6
It's bonkers that the tw@ts in charge would even give the range of idiots, that compromise the electorate, a choice.

A collaborative Europe is essential for (relative) peace and stability, as a trading block (both internally and as a sizeable stick against far east/american protectionism plus the other advantages of market and global influence), and as a political brake on extremism (within and without).

The hard of thinking often say that as the fifth largest trading nation we could go it alone economically, without considering how much of the trade and inward investment occurs because we are the English speaking gateway to a European market.

Only a frothing at the mouth mentalist would truly think it's both viable and a good idea to leave Europe.  Unfortunately we have a lot of frothing at the mouth mentalists who will be eligible to vote.

As much as I would like to shake it all about, I fear that I will have to in, instead.

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Sooner be the 51st state of the USA than remain in the EC

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #8

Emigrating is an option.....just don't yankify the rest of us.  Apart from the language, and the odd troublesome war, I very definitely would rather be German.

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
I'm sure that Germany is a nice place to go to now, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Reply #10
In.

Anything else is short term, backward mentalism.

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11

I'm sure that Germany is a nice place to go to now, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The Award for "Cheap Shot That Made Me Laugh Today" goes to this entry.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• RD
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12

I doubt the US would want us

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
I was speaking hypothetically.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #14
I REALLY like Germany. It's a fantastic country to visit.