Skip to main content

Topic: What's amusing me today (Read 228586 times) previous topic - next topic

• Jüânfrân
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: What's amusing me today
Reply #4785
There's a thing, apparently, to do with a tv programme and  McDonald's promotional sauce.

I don't know what this programme is. McD has been doing sauce sachets or something, and there weren't enough of them. People have been getting really cross.

It's insane. We are so decadent. We deserve whatever is coming our way.

But see the McD promotional tweets and the preposterously stupid angry responses from disappointed morons. It is quite something.

One couple made a four-hour trip to a restaurant stocking the sauce. They missed out.
A four-hour trip for a packet of szechuan sauce. Does Walmart not stock it?
W.T.F.?

• Lessred
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4786
The older I get the more I detest other people

• pantzcat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4787
There's a thing, apparently, to do with a tv programme and  McDonald's promotional sauce.

I don't know what this programme is. McD has been doing sauce sachets or something, and there weren't enough of them. People have been getting really cross.

Said TV programme is Rick & Morty and it's ace, but I wouldn't go into a McD's if they were giving away free blow jobs let alone a sauce sachet.

• RC
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4788
Rick and Morty is an excellent programme. Lots of caustic, dry humour coupled with outrageous violence and toilet-humour.
It's like a cross between Back to the Future, 2000ad and The Viz.

The sauce tie-in was an awkward, half-arsed effort by Maccy Ds to get down wit da yoof. Who'd a thunk that only sending 20 satchets of sauce (if any) per restaurant wouldn't be anywhere near enough. Especially when the manager realises he can snaffle them himself and eBay them for silly money....

I remember that sauce the first time round and it was nothing spectacular tho.
  • Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:17:33 PM by RC

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #4789
Where can this Rick and Morty be viewed?

Is it a kids thing that works for adults, or an adults thing?

• RC
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4790
Netflix in the UK. Adultswim in the US.

Very much adult. Foul language, drugs, sex and violence.
I imagine kids love it though.
First episode is OK. Goes from strength to strength with the odd 'meh' episode.

Reply #4791

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #4792
My father in law has agreed to become a Director of Raith Rovers again. It's unpaid, a massive ballache, the club is massively broke, and the fans don't appreciate anything (in common with all other fans). I don't know why he is bothering, again. Well, I do - he is being public spirited. But I wouldn't, knowing what I know and he knows.

To be fair though, Rovers have probably the coolest shirt sponsorship deal. An actual author, of really good crime novels.

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4793
Anyone got a stag-do coming up? This would be awesome.

https://www.playwithalegend.com/forest

• DaveM
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4794
Anyone got a stag-do coming up? This would be awesome.

https://www.playwithalegend.com/forest

Why would you use them for a stag-do? Unless you want to pay them to get pissed and tie you to a lamp-post

And if you were going to do that, you'd probably have more luck contacting Andy Reid who would do it for free I would think
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• Prof. Ingo
Reply #4795
I've got breadsley's stag do to sort next year, I'd sack the football off and take big norm on the piss. sh!thouse is a comedy genius.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• Seán
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4796
I've got breadsley's stag do to sort next year, I'd sack the football off and take big norm on the piss. sh!thouse is a comedy genius.
He does a blinding Frank Clarke impression.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

• charlie
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4797
Stag do? I wish. At my age, the only gatherings I regularly attend are funerals. Maybe these lads could be pall bearers?

• Russ
Reply #4798
Why would you use them for a stag-do? Unless you want to pay them to get pissed and tie you to a lamp-post

And if you were going to do that, you'd probably have more luck contacting Andy Reid who would do it for free I would think

We are part of a big gang who do a tailgate once a year at the Jets, there are probably 50-60 of us. We have in the past toyed with the idea of hiring a former player for the tailgate to drink beer, flip burgers and regale us with amusing stories about his time with the team - we worked out we could get one of the lesser known players if we put in about $30 each.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #4799
My vote goes to buying an extra $30 of booze instead, and not remembering whether a former no mark player was there or not.

I mean, what sort of idiot is paying to spend time with sportsmen, when lap dancers exist?