Skip to main content

Topic: Here is the news (Read 79617 times) previous topic - next topic

• Chicago
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Here is the news

Pretty incredible raw footage from the texas fertilizer plant explosion.  Although having your daughter in the car with you to film it is a bit silly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WigR0-FK_A

Chicago: blown away
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Re: Here is the news
Reply #1
BBC breakfast news lead story this morning is that interest only mortgages only mean you are paying the interest.

Reply #2

BBC breakfast news lead story this morning is that interest only mortgages only mean you are paying the interest.

This is really annoying me - suggesting people should be compensated for the fact they didn't realise that with an interest only mortgage you do still have to pay back the principal amount at some point.

Do people really think the loan amount was a free gift and didn't need paying back?

• Loafé
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Rob McGregor, 42, from Reading, pays more than £900 a month and will still have £188,000 to pay off at the end of the mortgage term in 18 years.

He already needed to make repayments on other loans and said that an interest-only mortgage seemed like the best option.

"I needed a mortgage that I could pay less into each month. But now I regret choosing interest-only," he said.

"It can be quite upsetting."

He said it was a struggle to make ends meet. The financial pressure means he has to look for deals in supermarkets, and he is finding it difficult to set money aside in savings.

I would like one of those too.

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
The financial pressure means he has to look for deals in supermarkets

Boo hoo.
King of the c*nts.

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5

Boo hoo.

Rob McGregor needs to come shopping with me the moaning old c*nt, if it ain't a £1 we don't eat it.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #6

This is really annoying me - suggesting people should be compensated for the fact they didn't realise that with an interest only mortgage you do still have to pay back the principal amount at some point.

Do people really think the loan amount was a free gift and didn't need paying back?

Quite - the bad news for Rob McGregor is that he can't afford his house and he needs, at some point, to think about moving to somewhere he can afford.

I don't think there's much of a push for miss-selling cases on IO mortgages yet though is there?

• charlie
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7

I don't think there's much of a push for miss-selling cases on IO mortgages yet though is there?

It's mentioned in the i today. As one of the people with an IO mortgage, I'm 100% for compensation, thank you very much.

• Lessred
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I know someone who got £50k back for ppi misselling even though they knew what it was when they took it out, thought it would be a good idea, and were employed so it would have been relevant to them. Compensation culture gone mad.

• Loafé
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
£50k?? How much insurance did they buy??

• Lessred
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
They had a lot of loans and cards

• ned
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Somalis - lovely people. Bet on Farage to win the next election now

• ned
  • [*][*][*][*][*]