Skip to main content

Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 163124 times) previous topic - next topic

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Re: What's pleasing me today
Reply #3165
Cash just might help solve a couple of problems. He can tackle, gets his head up and can carry the ball forward before picking a decent pass.

Whose place would he take in the team that started the second half on Saturday?

More likely Vaughan comes in for Cummings against d*rby and we revert to 4231.

Reply #3166
Cash just might help solve a couple of problems. He can tackle, gets his head up and can carry the ball forward before picking a decent pass.

Is Cash supposed to be a superior or further-developed version of Grant? Or are they completely different types of player?

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #3167
Is Cash supposed to be a superior or further-developed version of Grant? Or are they completely different types of player?

Cash is a runner. Will end up as a box-to-box midfielder or wing back. Similar to Cohen. Grant is an attacking midfielder/wide forward - a slower, less skillful version of Paterson.

• The GasMan
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3168
I hope Brereton has read this article.
He will probably now appreciate how much better off he is getting proper football time with Forest than his Premier League colleagues are getting with their clubs. Stay where you are Ben!
Grass is not always greener....

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3169
Or perhaps it might make him think..."better cash in as soon as possible, as much as possible, because so many things can go wrong and talent is no guarantee."

I would honestly recommend any kid take the biggest deal on the table at any time. Fail at the top and you have somewhere to drop to. Fail at the bottom and nobody will remember you or pay your bills.

It's only idiot football fans that could really believe it's better to stay in a sh!thole backwater on crap pay, because it's better for your career.

In the vast majority of cases it's nothing like.

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3170
Or perhaps it might make him think..."better cash in as soon as possible, as much as possible, because so many things can go wrong and talent is no guarantee."

I would honestly recommend any kid take the biggest deal on the table at any time. Fail at the top and you have somewhere to drop to. Fail at the bottom and nobody will remember you or pay your bills.

It's only idiot football fans that could really believe it's better to stay in a sh!thole backwater on crap pay, because it's better for your career.

In the vast majority of cases it's nothing like.

Not to mention, the standard of coaching provided at an established top flight club will almost certainly be far superior to that of your average Football League team. Are you going to improve more as a player by playing first team football against lower league cloggers, or by playing reserve football with Premier League and international standard players?
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3171
Not to mention, the standard of coaching provided at an established top flight club will almost certainly be far superior to that of your average Football League team. Are you going to improve more as a player by playing first team football against lower league cloggers, or by playing reserve football with Premier League and international standard players?
That's up for debate. What's for sure is if you are one of the many young talents that don't make it, whether through injury, or failing to develop, it's better to do it with a lifetimes worth of income already in the bank. Secure that, and future development, and stratospheric income, is a free roll.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3172
All good points but @The GasMan what article?

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #3173
I had wondered that.

But it's not talkback if people don't comment on an article they haven't read.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3174
I don't have to read it to know that it's sh!t.  Whatever it is.

• The GasMan
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3175
Sorry Dean; I missed putting in the link. It was a NEP article pointing out how very few youngsters of the Toulon & World Cup winners are getting any first team games at all since the tournaments. I think Brereton is likely playing more than any of them.

Reply #3176
The house that we stretched ourselves to buy less than two years ago appears to have increased in value by around forty grand, despite us not doing anything to it yet. Estate agent reckons potentially another five to 10k if we just replace the flooring and repaint (which we're planning to do soon anyway).

Academic, though, because we have no plans to move, but encouraging all the same. I'm wondering if it might help reduce the monthly payments (or term) in a few weeks when we come to remortgage given the lower loan-to-value rate.

Reply #3177
West Brom scored the first goal tonight direct from a free-kick.

50p at 25/1. Last of the big spenders...

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3178
My new (new) van should be arriving this morning.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• Se├ín
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3179
Does it have an engine?
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.