Skip to main content

Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 158918 times) previous topic - next topic

• Psychobel
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: What's pleasing me today
Reply #30
I'd have said use Wordpress. More sh!t to plug into it and easier to do. Like this http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ It looks competent though.
I'd do your basic key word research. Sort out your page titles, headings and meta descriptions. Also do G+
And then make sure you update your content regularly and everything will be wonderful.

• garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #31

I'd have said use Wordpress. More sh!t to plug into it and easier to do. Like this http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ It looks competent though.
I'd do your basic key word research. Sort out your page titles, headings and meta descriptions. Also do G+
And then make sure you update your content regularly and everything will be wonderful.

Cheers! I've made zero attempt at  SEO yet,  due to lack of time / budget and the fact that we are working closely with early adopters (main aim was to get the delivery, licensing and payment systems in place) and now I've had to turn my attention back to the actual product.

We did consider Wordpress and given a bit more time might have researched the options a bit better, but it was a bit of a political tussle, partner wanted to pressure the contractor to deliver and for me to focus on software and I could see that wasn't going to happen, so I used Drupal based on vague references to it offering flexibility lacking in Joomla at the expense of complexity. I'm glad I forced the issue as the contractor threw his toys out about 1 week before I had the site ready (he did not know what I was doing and thought that he was in a strong position to stop us pressuring him).

• graham
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
  • Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:33:01 PM by graham
Your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs....

Reply #33
Finish work in 5 hours, then have two days off.

What is particularly pleasing about this is the two days off are in Las Vegas.

• Chicago
Reply #34

You won't get any rest whatsoever then.

Chicago: workhorse
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• DaveM
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
f*cking LOVE Vegas. Am dead jealous.

One of the few places in the world where it is not only acceptable for a 40yr old bloke to walk around on his own, completely pissed, but actively encouraged
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• Mappo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
We should organise a talkback fieldtrip there. I'd be up for it!

• Russ
Reply #37

f*cking LOVE Vegas. Am dead jealous.

One of the few places in the world where it is not only acceptable for a 40yr old bloke to walk around on his own, completely pissed, but actively encouraged

Vegas is awesome. A bunch of us are going in October for my 40th. It will be messy.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• JimShady
Reply #38
An in Krakow. It's pretty good. The beer and food is very reasonably priced too.

Reply #39

Vegas is awesome. A bunch of us are going in October for my 40th. It will be messy.

We've started gambling downtown this week for a bit of a change. Completely different atmosphere, but still just as fun.

• Chicago
Reply #40
  • Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 06:50:35 PM by chicago
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• Russ
Reply #41
If only someone had posted it three days ago.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• Chicago
Reply #42

I'm not taking it down.  It's mine!

Chicago: Throwing me rattle out of the pram

• Chicago
Reply #43

I know a lot of you aren't necessarily into Basketball being that most of us on this forum are a little shorter in stature but the Chicago Bulls / Brooklyn Nets playoff game today was magnificent.  It went to triple overtime and it had everything from fights to storming comebacks, to disappointments to tactical masterclasses.  It really was quite brilliant to watch.  Far better than any stickball match.  I am a big Bulls fan as a) they are from Chicago and b) they aren't as talented as everyone else but fcuk me they never give up.

Great stuff.

Chicago: Post up bruiser 

• ned
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
Den or Bernebau?