Skip to main content

Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 158918 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today
Reply #15

How long are you in NYC for?

Till Thursday. Then off to Cleveland for two days, then to Vegas.

You coming this way?

• Chicago
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16

He was in Chicago for two months and didn't bother to visit once so don't hold your hopes up too high.

Chicago: antisocial
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• Muswell
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #17
Rich I am coming down on Thursday.. Typically it seems.. What time are you leaving..

Chic - next time I'm due to go anywhere near Chicago I'll be sure to let you know.

Mus

Reply #18

Rich I am coming down on Thursday.. Typically it seems.. What time are you leaving..

Chic - next time I'm due to go anywhere near Chicago I'll be sure to let you know.

Mus

Flying out of LGA at 7.30am.....

Will be back in NYC in early June.

• Muswell
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #19
Ok drop me a PM when you know your exact dates and I'll make sure I can juggle my diary accordingly, I am down there on average 4 times a month at the moment.

Reply #20
This new board is not blocked by the work proxy.

• garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #21
Just received notification of the first online sale of a new software product we just released. Just one license but it's an exciting milestone, towards the end of last year it looked like we would not make it. A web development company (that my business partner hired without telling me) proved totally incompetent and were 4 months behind on a 6 week schedule when I had to intervene. We'd blown what little budget we had so I had to teach myself Drupal and do it myself from scratch in 3 weeks (1 week less that the "experts" had said it would take). That pleased me too, in the end.

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

A web development company (that my business partner hired without telling me) proved totally incompetent and were 4 months behind on a 6 week schedule when I had to intervene.

4 months behind can only mean one thing: they were all queuing up for a go on Mrs garf....
King of the c*nts.

• garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #23

4 months behind can only mean one thing: they were all queuing up for a go on Mrs garf....

Quite possibly, no wonder they were confused.

• garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #24
Four fox cubs playing in my garden this morning, very cute.

• podnli
  • [*][*]
Reply #25
We had a visiting chicken that left three delicious eggs.

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26

We had a visiting chicken that left three delicious eggs.

Where those "eggs" brown, warm and steaming? I have news for you... those weren't chickens....
King of the c*nts.

• podnli
  • [*][*]
Reply #27
Dog eggs!

• Psychobel
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28

Just received notification of the first online sale of a new software product we just released. Just one license but it's an exciting milestone, towards the end of last year it looked like we would not make it. A web development company (that my business partner hired without telling me) proved totally incompetent and were 4 months behind on a 6 week schedule when I had to intervene. We'd blown what little budget we had so I had to teach myself Drupal and do it myself from scratch in 3 weeks (1 week less that the "experts" had said it would take). That pleased me too, in the end.

Sounds fun. Show me your goodies!

• garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #29

Sounds fun. Show me your goodies!

www.bom@rchitect.com

@=a due to below

The artwork is from the original designer (I'm not keen on some of it but that's not my area) and some of the more hyperbolic copy and twitter is from my over excitable sales partner, but the site programming is all my own work. The original site was done with Joomla, which despite being supposed experts at the original contractor blamed for the over run citing lack of flexibility. We went with Drupal on a hunch it would not have the same issues (although I didn't believe them in any case) but also to avoid them claiming we used their code, which frankly I would not have touched with a barge pole. 

There's quite a complex licence manager built in and linked to the 3rd party payment interface so multiple license users can manage licenses at the web site and the software picks up the licence info from the site. Oh and I had to learn PHP as well, so not a bad few weeks all in all (it was 5 weeks for the whole thing with additional bits not in the original plan such as the module to manage the video tutorials). Quite chuffed with myself for a first attempt!

It will probably look crap to an expert eye, but trust me its streets ahead of what the original contractor delivered, it works for a start and is live which I still don't think we would be even now if we had persisted.