Skip to main content

Topic: Former Forest Player Watch (Read 106898 times) previous topic - next topic

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Re: Former Forest Player Watch
Reply #30
B'dum tsh.

• noodlé
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31

JT retires due to panic attacks on the pitch
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22350078

ouch. unlikely, i suppose, but i'd kinda like to think that forest might find a way to look out for him. mentally scarred.. forced to retire.. never lived up to early potential.. allegedly liked a drink anyway.. sounds like a prime candidate for a tough life after football.
this is an excellent rectangle

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #32

ouch. unlikely, i suppose, but i'd kinda like to think that forest might find a way to look out for him. mentally scarred.. forced to retire.. never lived up to early potential.. allegedly liked a drink anyway.. sounds like a prime candidate for a tough life after football.

No, sounds an ideal candidate to come and play with us.

• DaveM
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
Is my memory playing tricks on me or did JT stand in once as the pundit on a commentary game on radio nottingham? Think it was when he was out injured one time. Perhaps there is something in that line of work (not necessarily Forest, but for County or Mansfield)

Plus, when I first read the story earlier, I saw

He has never fully recovered from the mental scars left by a terrible facial injury suffered in a pre-season friendly in 2011.

And read it as 'a terrible FAECAL injury' which confused me no-end for a few minutes
  • Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:35:06 PM by DaveM
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #34

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did JT stand in once as the pundit on a commentary game on radio nottingham?

I can't imagine it (which probably means he did), my recollection of his post match interviews was that he had an almost unintelligible accent.

• graham
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
A quick read of the d*rbyshire Times says that Tidy Jack has done his UEFA B badge, some unspecified psychology courses and will be doing a Platt-style Grand Tour to pick up coaching tips. Didn't he also do a degree in business studies or somesuch while he was with us? So, coming soon to a leaky dugout at some relegation blighted club in the Yorks/Lincs/E.Midlands area....
Your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs....

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
We can but hope that our mighty leader has the necessary foresight for such a progressive appointment.

• garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #37

A quick read of the d*rbyshire Times says that Tidy Jack has done his UEFA B badge, some unspecified psychology courses and will be doing a Platt-style Grand Tour to pick up coaching tips. Didn't he also do a degree in business studies or somesuch while he was with us? So, coming soon to a leaky dugout at some relegation blighted club in the Yorks/Lincs/E.Midlands area....

I can't imagine Jack going to d*rby.

• Russ
Reply #38

Assistant manager at Leeds. Jim Shady explodes with confused feelings.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #39

We can but hope that our mighty leader has the necessary foresight for such a progressive appointment.

As much as I'd like to appoint him as a talkback administrator, I am unsure of his web development skills.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40
Alan Wright appointed manager of Southport

• Jüânfrân
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41

• The GasMan
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
Mancini gets the poke from City & leaves (presumably) with a shed-load of cash & is extremely employable. Poor old Platty resigns, walks away (presumably) with now't & is probably almost unemployable; unless Mancini takes him on again.
Shame!

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43
Shirley between Sky and BT there's room for one more dull pundit?
King of the c*nts.

• DaveM
Reply #44

Mancini gets the poke from City & leaves (presumably) with a shed-load of cash & is extremely employable. Poor old Platty resigns, walks away (presumably) with now't & is probably almost unemployable; unless Mancini takes him on again.
Shame!

How is Platt unemployable? Former club and England U21 manager, Former England international and most recently assistant manager at a club that won the 2011/12 premier league title and 2012/13 runner-up. He is still relatively young at 46.

His record at Forest wasn't great, but in his defence he did had a lot of injury issues and I still blame that Tony Vaughan sending off for stopping us getting to the playoffs that season (if my memory is correct). His points per game ratio at Forest is still superior to Paul Hart, Joe Kinnear, Gary Megson, Steve McClaren and Alex McLeish
We may all hate him, but there are far more seemingly 'unemployable' types who still get touted for jobs. Just look at Paul Ince or some of the names just mentioned.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to