Skip to main content

Topic: Former Forest Player Watch (Read 106899 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Former Forest Player Watch
Reply #2205
He tackles racism quite early on in his book (and talked about how that was important for him to highlight his attitudes to it). He dismissed a lot of it as banter, just trying to get under an opponent's skin, give you the winning edge etc -such as him calling Scholes a ginger bstard - rather than genuine prejudice/hatred. Does share a tale about how he called Molby fat in the tunnel and Molby went on to list all his achievements and run the game, then CP tried it against a lower/non league player, listing his caps, houses etc and got slaughtered in the press when the lower league club's chairman went public about what he had said.

Described Forest as "carnage" when he went there. Completely the wrong move, made for emotive reasons, didn't do himself justice (was rubbish). BFR left,, Platt tried to take on/remove the characters in the dressing room to show he was in control and Carlton was shipped out. Said his performances at Cov afterward showed he was still a good player and hadn't lost it, just things were seriously not right at Forest. Interesting chat, even if I wouldn't say I entirely agree with Carlton's view on many things.

Interesting. Wiki says that he underwent life-saving heart surgery 10 months ago. Didn't know that.

• Jüânfrân
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2206

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2207
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• Jüânfrân
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2208

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2209
Stern John was part of the coaching team that led Trinidad and Tobago to a 2-1 win over the US tonight and knocked them out of World Cup qualifying. Trying to decide if I'm petty enough to go back three years in my Facebook to see which of my American friends were taking the piss out of me about Iceland.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• Loafé
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2210
Stern John was part of the coaching team that led Trinidad and Tobago to a 2-1 win over the US tonight and knocked them out of World Cup qualifying. Trying to decide if I'm petty enough to go back three years in my Facebook to see which of my American friends were taking the piss out of me about Iceland.
Russ that is not petty, it is your civic duty.

• Jüânfrân
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2211
Iceland was only a year ago. It still hurts. Or did they beat Canada at ice fishing or something?

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2212
"Burke has only played 35 minutes of first team football across two substitute appearances since signing for Albion in August."

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #2213
When did Oliver Burke sign for Albion Rovers?

• JimShady
Reply #2214
August I presume, unless the quote is wrong

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #2215
This is fake news Jim.

• JimShady
Reply #2216
Thanks Mr Trump

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #2217
There is an interview with Grolt in today's Edinburgh Evening Paper but I'm not bored enough to read it.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #2218
There is an interview with Grolt in today's Edinburgh Evening Paper but I'm not bored enough to read it.
Imagine it's a century old book.  That might crank your handle to get you through 500 words.