Skip to main content

Topic: Or 'Cricket' ? 'Howzat!' maybe? JimShady is a bellend.  (Read 97950 times) previous topic - next topic

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Cur.. Cur.. Cur Cricket Thread
Reply #15

I'm sure you'll manage to keep it together, but if for some reason one of your group does find themselves suddenly indisposed for one day of the match then I would be happy to pay a premium for their ticket.

I think we are on the front row so I have somewhere to vomit. Will keep that in mind.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #16

Hughes went away and worked on his technique - he's more solid and he's got more variety now than before when he really only scored through the off side.  He also had a couple of good innings in India once he got acclimatised.  I'd like to see Khawaja and Rogers play, and I'd like to see less of Shane Watson.

"Good innings" of 69 and 45; a total of 147 runs at 18. It's a bit relative isn't it?

• Todd
  • [*][*]
Reply #17

"Good innings" of 69 and 45; a total of 147 runs at 18. It's a bit relative isn't it?

The 69 was a great counter-attacking knock in circumstances where wickets were falling around him.  The dismissal was dodgy and at the fall of his wicket we were 6-120 odd.  I'm not saying you can't make criticisms of him - I just think he will surprise you.  There are others in the batting order who are carrying their weight less than he is.

At the moment, everything is relative.  But the Ashes will start at 0-0, and you won't see the Australians going into the series with the sort of defeatist attitude we saw from England for so long.  You've got a better side (particularly with the batting), but we will think we can win.

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
 Dullest test match ever. England 160-4 at the close from 80 overs.
King of the c*nts.

Reply #19
England trying to kill Test cricket.  I'm all for building an innings but that was pathetic.

• Andyp
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20

England trying to kill Test cricket.  I'm all for building an innings but that was pathetic.

Was there and can only concur. Normally the crowd would be booing if the palyers went of for a light shower but there was general delight that we could call it a day.

• Todd
  • [*][*]
Reply #21
If you guys keep batting like this, we might start thinking we have a chance of winning back the Ashes! ;)

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #22
You'd expect any test in England in mid-May to be low scoring; it'll be interesting to see what they do in response.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #23
Bat better, I imagine.

• des
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Well, today was a fairly depressing day of cricket.  It was just... flat.  Other than Ross Taylor, none of the batsmen seemed willing to take any sort of initiative, despite what seemed like fairly benign conditions.

England will have to try to win this test with two bowlers, as neither Finn nor Broad looked threatening all day.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25

Well, today was a fairly depressing day of cricket.  It was just... flat.  Other than Ross Taylor, none of the batsmen seemed willing to take any sort of initiative, despite what seemed like fairly benign conditions.

England will have to try to win this test with two bowlers, as neither Finn nor Broad looked threatening all day.

Well you were right about the two bowlers but it turns out Broad was pretty threatening afterall.

Some day he'll get it that if he consistently bowls a nice full length at the stumps he gets results.  He has patches of very effective bowling and then slips back into a short length again, when he pitches it up he often gets great results against even the top batsmen.

• Lloyd Christmas
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #26
There was an article on the bbc website where he said he'd been frustrated by being told to bowl short of a length and is now getting the opportunity to pitch it up and bowl wicket taking deliveries.  He does drift off at times though and wavers between unplayable and poor.  He's always a little expensive but was fantastic yesterday.

Reply #27
I made a career best 125 yesterday. Just 11 short of being twice as good as New Zealand.
We're doing fine now, without you Fazzer...

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Unbeaten?
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #29
No. I was bowled off my pads having a bit of a slog in the penultimate over.
We're doing fine now, without you Fazzer...