Skip to main content

Topic: Or 'Cricket' ? 'Howzat!' maybe? JimShady is a bellend.  (Read 96507 times) previous topic - next topic

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Or 'Cricket' ? 'Howzat!' maybe? JimShady is a bellend.
County game is up and running JP.
  • Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:56:35 PM by Prof. Ingo
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Re: Cur.. Cur.. Cur Cricket Thread
Reply #1
Tha's gud crikit tha is.

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
That'll be why it's pissing down then.
King of the c*nts.

• dj bobbins
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Notts collapsing 89 for 7 at present.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #4
Chris Gayle's 30-ball century in the IPL: 001440440416640664616066466016. Pretty negative batting at the start. 

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #5

Chris Gayle's 30-ball century in the IPL: 001440440416640664616066466016. Pretty negative batting at the start. 

Got to play yourself in.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #6
Australian team for t'ashes:

Michael Clarke (captain), Brad Haddin (vice-captain), Jackson Bird, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Ryan Harris, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22264911

Consensus seems to be that the bowling is better than the batting. I like Jackson Bird - he's got a silly name. Amazed they are sticking with Hughes - I thought we'd established repeatedly he isn't a test batsman.

• Prof. Ingo
Reply #7

He's just trying to bat out his phone number.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #8
That bowling attack looks good, if it can stay fit.  There are fewer question marks hanging over their quality than their are over our attack, Anderson apart.  Much will depend on Broad, Finn and maybe Tremlett actually playing well (and in Tremlett's case, being fit).

Their batting still looks fragile.

Bring it on.

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
d*rbyshire are 67/4 against Notts

• Russ
Reply #10
So I just realised that I'm going to be in the Midlands and the North the same week that the Ashes are being played at TB. I presume that tickets are akin to the dung of the proverbial equine plaything?
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11

So I just realised that I'm going to be in the Midlands and the North the same week that the Ashes are being played at TB. I presume that tickets are akin to the dung of the proverbial equine plaything?

Rarer than that dude.

• Prof. Ingo
Reply #12

You can collect mine from WB police station if you fancy the afternoon on the Friday because it's the Friday after the Ironman, I'm barely drinking at the moment, will be in the TBI at 9 so all bets are off.

• Russ
Reply #13
I'm sure you'll manage to keep it together, but if for some reason one of your group does find themselves suddenly indisposed for one day of the match then I would be happy to pay a premium for their ticket.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• Todd
  • [*][*]
Reply #14

Australian team for t'ashes:

Michael Clarke (captain), Brad Haddin (vice-captain), Jackson Bird, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Ryan Harris, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22264911

Consensus seems to be that the bowling is better than the batting. I like Jackson Bird - he's got a silly name. Amazed they are sticking with Hughes - I thought we'd established repeatedly he isn't a test batsman.

Hughes went away and worked on his technique - he's more solid and he's got more variety now than before when he really only scored through the off side.  He also had a couple of good innings in India once he got acclimatised.  I'd like to see Khawaja and Rogers play, and I'd like to see less of Shane Watson.