Skip to main content

Topic: Telly thread (Read 106657 times) previous topic - next topic

• Lessred
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Telly thread
Reply #30
I have his hit album in the CD player in my car. "Hands up, you can put your hands up"

Anyone, anyone at all?

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #31
JP jnr was never that keen. We thought he was a bit creepy.

Reply #32
The Divarette loves 'Mr Tumble' but isn't so bothered about 'Justin's house'.

Kids eh?

Reply #33

The Divarette loves 'Mr Tumble' but isn't so bothered about 'Justin's house'.

Kids eh?

Opposite with b'red junior. Dances around like a loon to Justin's House. Apparently he's doing a tour, fortunately b'red junior is a bit too young for me to have to take him.

• Chicago
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #34

I'm less of a GoT fan. Really enjoyed season 1 and thoroughly enjoyed the books. Maybe I'm getting old (I am), but I find the gratuitous sex and violence a little off-putting. Most of the sex especially isn't necessary and is often irrelevant - or even (in the case of Oona Chaplin) completely added for the TV show. More of the book seemed implied to me whereas this delights in its grotesque.
This is to take nothing away from the pretty much uniformly brilliant actors and the casting is as good as anything I've seen.
And knowing what happens actually makes me want to watch it less - the torture of Theon especially. The guy behind the torture in the books is about as horrible a character as ever has been created and I think the show will relish that a bit too much.
Not much interesting happens with Daenarys for a while which is a shame.
I could go on. Especially about Shae with Tyrion and Robb's heavily-adapted marriage. But hey, spoilers.

Err shut up......   Because you might end up ruining something magnificent for some people... (if they follow the book closely)

Chicago: purist
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• Mangetout
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #35

Err shut up......   Because you might end up ruining something magnificent for some people... (if they follow the book closely)

Chicago: purist

I'm not the one implying something "magnificent"

• Chicago
Reply #36

I'm not really into ginger burds, but Rose Leslie is amazing:

Your dreams come true this week...

Chicago: shagtastic!
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• dj bobbins
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37

Opposite with b'red junior. Dances around like a loon to Justin's House. Apparently he's doing a tour, fortunately b'red junior is a bit too young for me to have to take him.

My son refused to accept that Justin and Mr Tumble were the same bloke. He's still not sure now.

• Lessred
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #38
What about Grandpa Tumble?

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #39

What about Grandpa Tumble?

That sounds like an episode of casulty, Nigle from Eastenders/Chen for Red Dwarf could stroke his beard a bit and tell him he really needs to stop gardening on a hillside by a main road.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #40
This Watson and Oliver really is the worst thing on telly in ages.

Reply #41

This Watson and Oliver really is the worst thing on telly in ages.

I take it you've not bewn watching The Wright Way.

• Chicago
Reply #42
My favourite new show on at the moment is Rectify by the producers of Breaking Bad, (obviously Russ probably isn't going to watch due to not liking the former show which is still ace.  It's about a bloke who was on death row for 20 years for the alleged killing and rape of his girlfriend and is released on a technicality.  As in DNA evidence suggesting that he wasn't one of the rapists.  It's a dark, funny, odd, little drama with small town suspicion cast over the main character who may or may not have committed the crime, (points to not, but they keep it vague) and the people who choose to accept or undermine him as the County go after a prosecution again.  Also, the sister in this show abigail Spencer is the fittest thing on two legs.  Also the English actress Adelaine Clements (who looks like a younger better looking Michelle williams ), is in it too.   

The best scene comes over a round of golf (it's very disturbing but oddly funny) and is well worth seeing.

Certainly worth seeing.

Chicago: Abigail Spencer Fanboy
  • Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:39:55 PM by chicago

• JimShady
Reply #43

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
No. Much prefer her with the Northern accent. Her regular accent reminds me way too much of my ex.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?