Skip to main content

Topic: Telly thread (Read 106512 times) previous topic - next topic

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Telly thread
Just started to watch the Wire for the first time. I'm so 2010.

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Telly thread
Reply #1
Bollocks. How could I miss this one.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• Lloyd Christmas
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #2
Watched as much as I could bare of the U-18's last night.  Very uninspring.

• Carl
  • [*]
Reply #3
Missed the first episode(s) of Mad Men last night

Was it any good?

• Chicago
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4

We are on season 6.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• Seán
Reply #5
I watched Secret Eaters last night, featuring yer mumsy burd off (of) 'Doctor Smug, The Animated Corpses and The Fatties'.

What the f*ck? I'm not medically qualified, nor do I have any sort of professional nutrionist training, but quite how the f*ck these lardies can honestly say that the cause of thier putting on the pounds is a mystery to them when they're quite clearly gorging on deep fried lard sandwiches in batter all day is a tad worrying
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

• Prof. Ingo
Reply #6

I watched Secret Eaters last night, featuring yer mumsy burd off (of) 'Doctor Smug, The Animated Corpses and The Fatties'.

What the f*ck? I'm not medically qualified, nor do I have any sort of professional nutrionist training, but quite how the f*ck these lardies can honestly say that the cause of thier putting on the pounds is a mystery to them when they're quite clearly gorging on deep fried lard sandwiches in batter all day is a tad worrying

She put cheese on everything and then got the hump and said it was half fat. I went into mong mode at the TV shouting it's not half the fat if your eating double the amount you stone faced witch!
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #7
Couple of weeks back they had a bloke on who the secret camera picked up eating a "pie barm" for his elevenses i.e. a MEAT PIE in a BREAD ROLL - and he COULDN'T WORK OUT WHY HE WAS PUTTING ON WEIGHT.

Mind you, the people I feel most sorry for on this show are the 'private detectives' who follow the fatties about, trying to work out what they've been eating. It must be a bit of a come down compared to what they imagined they'd be doing when they were in P.I. school.

Reply #8

It must be a bit of a come down compared to what they imagined they'd be doing when they were in P.I.E. school.

FTFY
We're doing fine now, without you Fazzer...

• graham
Reply #9
I've just read that Broadchurch is filmed in West Bay, Bridport. I reckon Brid did it.
Your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs....

• Russ
Reply #10
Just watched the latest two episodes of Game Of Thrones so am now up to speed. It's still absolutely brilliant, but it's really confusing.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• Chicago
Reply #11

It's not confusing at all.  Your problem is that you cannot see the wood from the trees.  Which probably has something to do with you having a hole in your eye but I digress.....

Anyway, stick with it, because it is going to get much much better and it's already brilliant and things will become much clearer.

Chicago:  Seer
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• JimShady
Reply #12
I'm with Russ. Love it, but confused. I've put season three on hold for a while - I'm going to try and quickly re-watch the first two seasons.

• Russ
Reply #13
Seriously, it is. The number of characters is overwhelming, trying to keep track of who's who and who did what to them and why and what they're after and who wronged them and so on is a bit of a struggle. I'm sure it's easier if you've read the books, but having not done so it's bloody complicated. For example:

*SPOILERS*

- Who are the blokes torturing Theon, and why are they torturing him?
- Why did Margaery just suddenly arrive at King's Landing ready to marry Joffrey?
- How did Dog get caught by the Brotherhood?
- Why did the Black Watch go out beyond the Wall just to get their arses kicked and then come back again?
- Who the f*ck is Martin Lannister, where did he come from and why was Rob Stark's wife tending to his wounds?

I'm sure there's more, those are just the ones that spring to mind from the episode I just watched.

Also, in other GOT-related news I have a serious boner for Ygritte. I think it's because I grew up in Yorkshire so that accent reminds me of some of the girls who were...... important to my development. I hope she gets her kit off at some point.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• JimShady
Reply #14
I'm half way through reading the second book. Once I've finished that, and re-watched the episodes, I'll start season three tv. If I'm still confused then I'll just give up and plough on I think...haha. Currently sat here watching the second episode.