Skip to main content

Topic: The managerial merry-go-round (Read 100265 times) previous topic - next topic

• DaveM
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: The managerial merry-go-round
Reply #1965
Cotterill given another opportunity to prove he can't manage in the championship. This time at Birmingham.

Feel a smidgen sorry for Brum fans. From a brave new hope under Rowett, they replaced him with the glamour name in Zola, and then with the 'big hitter' name in Redknapp. Appointing Cotterill seems comparatively the equivalent of the Dusty Bin prize.

I only assume that they are paying a fortune to Zola and Redknapp in the wake of their dismissals, and Cotterill is a 'holding position' manager who will cost them f*ck all and is likely not to get them relegated. I can't imagine for one moment that anyone interviewed Steve and looked at his record and said 'THIS is the guy who will lead us to the promised land'. Either that or he is a bloody good salesman.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #1966
Feel a smidgen sorry for Brum fans.

Do f*cking what?

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #1967
Personally I'm pissing my self laughing at the self-implosion of a nasty jumped up little club, and their horrible supporters.

I feel sorry for Cotterill having to go and ply his trade there.  Apart from a country bumpkin accent, he's a decent enough (if unspectacular) manager. A sort of Lawsy, who can string sentences together, but they sound funny, and without the obvious personal love for our former right back.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #1968
Personally I'm pissing my self laughing at the self-implosion of a nasty jumped up little club, and their horrible supporters.

I feel sorry for Cotterill having to go and ply his trade there.  Apart from a country bumpkin accent, he's a decent enough (if unspectacular) manager. A sort of Lawsy, who can string sentences together, but they sound funny, and without the obvious personal love for our former right back.

It's rather sweet that Glen Cockleterill or whatever his name is can still get a gig like that. He's a cut above WMD for sure, but....

• agoodtype
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1969
I reckon he might do quite well there. They have got some good players.
What do I know anyway.

• Russ
Reply #1970
I'm with Tricky, I always liked Cotterill more than most seemed to. He and SO'D could have been a really good management team if they'd been given a chance, although the roles should probably have been reversed.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• Lessred
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1971
I have a soft spots for Steve too. I used to watch him at Burton Albion before he got his "Big Money Move".

He was a good player at sub conference level too, really quick.

• Seán
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1972
Do f*cking what?
FFS jp.... You always have to bring in the technical legal terms.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #1973
Cotterill was terrible. We played awful football under him - and played it unsuccessfully. Only O'Driscoll's arrival helped us turn the corner.

Reply #1974
Was the 7-3 at Leeds Cotterill? Or Cotterill and SOD?
We're doing fine now, without you Fazzer...

Reply #1975
Cotterill was appointed in October. O'Driscoll came in Jan. The Leeds game was March.

• Seán
Reply #1976
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #1977
Git awae tae f*ck?

• Seán
Reply #1978
Ahm cookin' up, ken.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

• DaveM
Reply #1979
`Steve Clarke has given up pro football and has taken up a managerial job at some Scottish pub side, it seems
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41621094
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to