Skip to main content

Topic: The managerial merry-go-round (Read 100266 times) previous topic - next topic

• Redeye
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: The managerial merry-go-round
Reply #15

If Fawaz had not jumped so many times already, I'd guess we'd be talking about MON to return.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16

When I suggested Wolves, I wasn't aware that Saunders had been sacked this morning.

Sounds like a, how you say, 'Slam Dunk' for him now

Sauces (red or brown?) agree

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Unbelievably, there appear to be rumours that Mancini will be sacked by City after the Cup Final, regardless of the result.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #18
There is nothing unbelievable about that. He didn't win the league or the big cup.

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19

Unbelievably, there appear to be rumours that Mancini will be sacked by City after the Cup Final, regardless of the result.

Just saw that on SSN  unbelievable

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #20
City's owners aren't paying what they are to go out of the champions league in the groups and lose the league a month before the end. In the scheme of things, it's not that surprising.

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

Mancini sacked. Blimey. Didn't see that one coming.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/13/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-sacked

This is another one of those "not quite sure if serious" moments that I regularly have with you.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Glad I keep you on your toes.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Accrington appoint James Beattie, yes that James Beattie.

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25

Mancini sacked. Blimey. Didn't see that one coming.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/13/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-sacked

Bonkers, they have just seen what giving someone time to bed in can achieve over the city.

It's all now now now.

• Lloyd Christmas
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #26
I think the difference was that Fergie started from a mid/high point in the top division at an under achieving club, he took a while to get going but once he did there was a gradual progression followed by sustained dominence.  Mancini took over a team with a fantastic squad, he then got to spend a load more money and at times his team were very poor.  His World XI won the league on goal difference against a Man U team so bad (compared to previous versions) that they had to drag Scholes out of retirement.  They followed this by tailing off and losing the title with 5 or 6 games to spare.

Fergie was like a freight train, slow starting but once going impossible to stop whereas Mancini was more Will E Coyote on top of the cliff with a jet pack on his back - you know he'll catch road runner but he'll buzz past him then smash into the tunnel painted onto the wall.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #27
Mark Hughes to Stoke sound like a disappointingly sensible appointment. A modification of the style of play to something marginally more akin to football, rather than the radical change Martinez (for example) would have represented.

QPR aside, he's an effective manager.

• dj bobbins
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Interesting. I read "Hughes to Stoke" and thought "that's them down then..."!

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #29
Kenny the Jacket to Wolves, says the Telegraph.