Skip to main content

Topic: The managerial merry-go-round (Read 97253 times) previous topic - next topic

• Redeye
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: The managerial merry-go-round
Reply #15

If Fawaz had not jumped so many times already, I'd guess we'd be talking about MON to return.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16

When I suggested Wolves, I wasn't aware that Saunders had been sacked this morning.

Sounds like a, how you say, 'Slam Dunk' for him now

Sauces (red or brown?) agree

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Unbelievably, there appear to be rumours that Mancini will be sacked by City after the Cup Final, regardless of the result.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #18
There is nothing unbelievable about that. He didn't win the league or the big cup.

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19

Unbelievably, there appear to be rumours that Mancini will be sacked by City after the Cup Final, regardless of the result.

Just saw that on SSN  unbelievable

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #20
City's owners aren't paying what they are to go out of the champions league in the groups and lose the league a month before the end. In the scheme of things, it's not that surprising.

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

Mancini sacked. Blimey. Didn't see that one coming.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/13/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-sacked

This is another one of those "not quite sure if serious" moments that I regularly have with you.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Glad I keep you on your toes.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Accrington appoint James Beattie, yes that James Beattie.

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25

Mancini sacked. Blimey. Didn't see that one coming.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/13/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-sacked

Bonkers, they have just seen what giving someone time to bed in can achieve over the city.

It's all now now now.

• Lloyd Christmas
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #26
I think the difference was that Fergie started from a mid/high point in the top division at an under achieving club, he took a while to get going but once he did there was a gradual progression followed by sustained dominence.  Mancini took over a team with a fantastic squad, he then got to spend a load more money and at times his team were very poor.  His World XI won the league on goal difference against a Man U team so bad (compared to previous versions) that they had to drag Scholes out of retirement.  They followed this by tailing off and losing the title with 5 or 6 games to spare.

Fergie was like a freight train, slow starting but once going impossible to stop whereas Mancini was more Will E Coyote on top of the cliff with a jet pack on his back - you know he'll catch road runner but he'll buzz past him then smash into the tunnel painted onto the wall.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #27
Mark Hughes to Stoke sound like a disappointingly sensible appointment. A modification of the style of play to something marginally more akin to football, rather than the radical change Martinez (for example) would have represented.

QPR aside, he's an effective manager.

• dj bobbins
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Interesting. I read "Hughes to Stoke" and thought "that's them down then..."!

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #29
Kenny the Jacket to Wolves, says the Telegraph.