Skip to main content

Topic: The managerial merry-go-round (Read 97204 times) previous topic - next topic

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
The managerial merry-go-round
Brian McDermott set to be Leeds boss, apparently.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• Prof. Ingo
Re: The managerial merry-go-round
Reply #1
Accordning to Janjo's handy sheffield based traffic and football news tweets that he then puts on facebook the blades have sacked someone. Traffic is also a nightmare in the meadowhall area.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• Russ
Reply #2

Brian McDermott set to be Leeds boss, apparently.

And now confirmed.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

Reply #3
Be interesting to see if he can replicate his Reading success at a supposedly bigger club with a more demanding fanbase. I'm not convinced.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Dean Saunders sacked by Wolves

• Lee
  • [*]
Reply #5

• Mos
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #7

Waiting for Zola to vacate Watford?

Not sure he's enough of a name for Watford's current owners to want him, despite his career there.

Palace, if they lose in the play-offs? Holloway has made them much worse than they were under Freedman.

• DaveM
Reply #8
Seems a bit strange to resign a job where you are seemingly under no pressure, unless you have an idea of something else you are looking at?

Would Wolves be out of the question?
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• Lloyd Christmas
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #9
I think that's a good shout, I imagine they pay higher wages and should have a good squad in that division (although they probably thought that after going down from the Prem last year).  Millwall have been dreadful over the past couple of months and apart from the odd cup run really are a dislikeable old mob only famous for being so.

• DaveM
Reply #10
When I suggested Wolves, I wasn't aware that Saunders had been sacked this morning.

Sounds like a, how you say, 'Slam Dunk' for him now
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• Psychobel
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Would it be callous of me to hope that Billies is on this list soon?
Thanks for the commitment and bluster but he's just not good enough to get us promoted. And I want us to get promoted,

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #12

Thanks for the commitment and bluster but he's just not good enough to get us promoted. And I want us to get promoted,

You can hope all you like but it depends what you mean by 'soon'.

If he gets significant cash to spend in the summer and has his traditional slow start, I'd say Fawaz might start getting edgy in the Autumn.

Edit: does Jackett's resignation make Nigel the longest serving manager in the division?
  • Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:42:57 PM by StillNotSteve

• DaveM
Reply #13

I would think that right at this very moment in time, Billy Davies is probably in the safest managerial job in the division. Whether thats still the case 10 games in or not next season remains to be seen.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14

You can hope all you like but it depends what you mean by 'soon'.

If he gets significant cash to spend in the summer and has his traditional slow start, I'd say Fawaz might start getting edgy in the Autumn.

Edit: does Jackett's resignation make Nigel the longest serving manager in the division?

Yes it does, Nigel followed by Gus Poyet