Skip to main content

Topic: Marinakis-watch (Read 552 times) previous topic - next topic

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Marinakis-watch
Reply #15
That might be true were it not notts "who don't have two buttons to rub together" that we are talking about. I would imagine a transfer fee rules him out of their plans.

• noodlé
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Or you want to command a larger transfer fee from the club where he had a very successful loan spell...

I expect a three year contract at Forest is worth more than Snotts are ever going to be able to pay for him.
this is an excellent rectangle

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
The Pies fans are pretty pleased about us re-signing Grant, they know they had no chance of affording him (apparently Wigan were talking to him as well) and him being a red represents their best chance of getting him back on loan.

On a related note, I had no idea that their strikers are Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi. Granted both are probably knocking on a bit now, but that should still be a huge amount of firepower for League 2.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• DaveM
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
It wouldn't make much sense him going back to Notts in a developmental sense. League 1 would be a great destination though.

I only saw him play for Notts once, the last game of the season, and whilst Grant scored a penalty in the game I wasn't massively impressed with his overall play. Ok, so it was on the sh!tty Newport pitch which wouldn't have helped but he looked a little way off our first team. A spell at a higher level, with better players and better opposition would be the ideal platform for him either to develop into a Forest first-teamer, or for us to get a fee for him with a year or two left on his contract.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• Seán
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Maybe he could chip in with a bit of painting.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #20
The Pies fans are pretty pleased about us re-signing Grant, they know they had no chance of affording him (apparently Wigan were talking to him as well) and him being a red represents their best chance of getting him back on loan.

On a related note, I had no idea that their strikers are Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi. Granted both are probably knocking on a bit now, but that should still be a huge amount of firepower for League 2.

Not sure it's ever a good sign when your strikers are older than your manager.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #21

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #22
Former d*rby assistant manager appointed to the board...
I am really optimistic that we will be able to achieve something here. We are not looking to do it overnight; we are aware that it will take time to achieve the goals and that there will be a lot of hard work involved in doing that
Here here, let's hope the scale of the rebuilding job, and the time that will be needed to do that, is bought into by the fanbase.

• dj bobbins
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Wow. I loved Johnny Metgod as a player.

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #24
Here here, let's hope the scale of the rebuilding job, and the time that will be needed to do that, is bought into by the fanbase.

The fanbase has always been prepared to accept a long term building job. As long as we consistently play great football and win most games while it's going on. Is that so hard?

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #25
Seems Frankie Clark has been offered a role as a club ambassador.  Long overdue, I'd say.